Xion Audio Player

Xion 1.5 build 150 Public Release

News about Xion or the website

Postby Cliff Cawley » April 7th, 2013, 9:37 pm

It's been a long time coming and now finally Xion has a new build!

Xion 1.5 (build 150) has a brand new skin designed by the amazing Lance Thackeray as well as a large number of fixes and optimization, tons of new features for skinners including a new tint control and knobs for volume and balance and even new file icons. Make sure you check out the changelist for a full list.

Go forth and make amazing skins!

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Lance » April 8th, 2013, 3:37 am

(^____________^)
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby logokas » April 8th, 2013, 11:08 am

It's been a long time coming, but it's finally here. Well done everyone!

This truly is a major release. New skin, new icons, new skinning methods, everything has been improved!

Now it is only a matter of getting the word out. Onwards!
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Pedobear » April 8th, 2013, 3:57 pm

i just want to say thanks!!!!!! a long time coming, and worth the wait.

quick bug i want to point out since i'm here. when trying to press buttons on the playlist (file, edit, view etc.), it is unresponsive most of the time :/
Pedobear
Xion Supporter

Postby Selezen » April 9th, 2013, 12:37 am

Looks good, and the new skin is very nice.

I've raised a bug about the file pitch being off, and I also want to add that using the Pitch slider on the Equaliser form doesn't affect the pitch, even after closing and restarting Xion.

Since this is currently making all of the guys on my podcast sound like they've been imbibing helium, I'm rolling back to 1.0 build 127 until you can take a look at this. I would have added this to my original bug post, but I can't since it's awaiting moderation.
Selezen
Xion Supporter

Postby Ebon » April 9th, 2013, 8:21 am

At the beginning, its nice to see that Xion is developing, great work so far.

What I would be grateful for is to allow users to choose which set of icons should the program use. I know it may appear for some as a minor thing, but well, I just like to have possibility to set up my Xion as I like, and as I used to specific look of X, in this case, icons of minimized program (play, stop, pause etc).

Its not the place to make such request, but as an Alexis skin user, is there any possibility to contact with its Miss Creator and ask for some update of it, especially playlist window, to fit into overall awesome skin style? Bless for that.

Best wishes, and maybe try to optimize all program with last.fm, lately quite popular site to scrobble music u listen to ;)
Ebon
Xion Supporter

Postby YourNumbr1Fan » April 15th, 2013, 1:11 pm

Man I am so happy you've upgraded Xion!----I'll definitely be sticking with it as my main audio player!

(update: I've uninstalled it, after using it for a while, however. No matter how I configure my settings, upon reboot the player and everything else reverts to defaults and starts minimized. Plus I get the message asking if I want Xion to check for updates.......

A big hassle. So I'm reverting to 1.0.127 until this and the other bugs are fixed.....
The entire world belongs to we Xionists!
You Will Respect Our Author-i-teh!!!
YourNumbr1Fan
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » April 24th, 2013, 12:03 am

BabySatellite Wrote:(update: I've uninstalled it, after using it for a while, however. No matter how I configure my settings, upon reboot the player and everything else reverts to defaults and starts minimized. Plus I get the message asking if I want Xion to check for updates.......

I've made some tweaks to this but all my testing so far has worked.

Please tell me about your setup:
1) Which version of Windows are you using?
2) Are you using the installed/portable version?
3) Do you start Xion automatically when Windows starts or do you manually click the Xion icon to launch it?
4) Do you have a playlist or some other file in your Startup group to force Xion to start?
5) Before rebooting, do you close Xion or do you leave it open?
6) How do you reboot? Steps please.

Thanks,
Cliff
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Freerun » April 24th, 2013, 6:56 am

I had same issues earlier it was a little frustrating.

As I recall I wanted to keep my old 127 version and installed Xion 150 in "Xion2" folder.
So I had 2 Xions installed. Also my Xion icon wasn't changed and icons for assigned files didn't change either. I thought at the time it was normal, that they weren't changed in new version.

With those issues resetting Xion I decided to uninstall both Xions and I made a fresh install.
//We should get a warning telling us that Interfaces in My Documents will be deleted at uninstall.

After fresh install and a reboot(I guess it's not necessary but I still did it) I had no trouble since then and I got new icons.

So I would recommend clean install
Uninstall 127 and remove all remaining Xion files in "My Documents" & "Program Files (x86)"
Install 150 and maybe after that it will be just fine as it did for me.
Freerun
Xion Supporter

Postby italo11 » April 24th, 2013, 11:39 pm

hey: I have the same problem as / BabySatellite/ jumps update every time you run
italo11
Xion Supporter

Postby cuttheredwire » May 13th, 2013, 6:17 am

I just downloaded the new version and loaded it. It works great on my machine. What I'm really hear for is to shout out some mad support for the dev. 8) Good to see you. It's been too long.
(• customize.org •• News Admin •• skinnables.org •)
cuttheredwire
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » May 14th, 2013, 8:33 am

cuttheredwire Wrote:I just downloaded the new version and loaded it. It works great on my machine. What I'm really hear for is to shout out some mad support for the dev. 8) Good to see you. It's been too long.

Oh wow! Thanks! Haven't seen you in ages! Glad to see you're still lurking around :)

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby regener8ed » May 15th, 2013, 1:02 am

cuttheredwire Wrote:It's been too long.

Dude -- blast from the past! :shock:
regener8ed