Xion Audio Player

Useful Programs

Anything and Everything not directly related to Xion. Catchup with friends, send links, chat, have fun. Just keep it clean

Postby xonenine » January 16th, 2009, 4:57 am

Zortam is a "mp3 studio" to manage playlists, change id tags, add album art, create visualizations.It already has been useful.A little confusing because of all the tag options, versions of tags are useable and deeletable.You can really screw up a playlist here if you dont pay attention.

Media Monkey is a playlist manager also, among other features.It was great for album art searches, allows you to define searches.

grandMA for PC, and grandMA3D are programs to make light, video and visualization shows, in 2d and 3d. Comes w extensive documentation and a library of lights and examples.Looks insanely complicated, I'll run through the manual and figure it out.I believe anyone who sees the capabilities of this prog will download it.

Viewpoint Scene Builder is a Free 3D modeling program that can add alot of new dimensions to painting, drop textures, lightmaps, environment maps, many types of shadow options, can take flat images in several formats as well as work with them in a 3d environment, can rotate scale, and of course build.Compatible with many 3d formats also.Can render each object in scene independently, full transparency control.This was very popular when adobe atmosphere came out, its even more useful now, w/ swf support.I consider it a must have. Also, previously a user had to have a broadcast key to have moveable, scaleable, zoomable art on any page.This restriction has been lifted, and it's an effect almost no one uses.

Text Machine 3D is bound to become one of my favorites to have in the toolkit.Instantly create text path frames or movies, partical effects for text, layered jpgs, swf, avi support.Pro quality vj software can be maually animated, animate text files, up and running in several minutes.Unlimited trial, masks and other resources and manuals on site.When you see the quality of an animation that you can edit through menus and effect additions, in like 3 to 5 minutes, you'll be pleased you looked into it.Animations can also be contorlled through the keyboard, a midi device, comes w a 10 band audio spectrum analyzer.

Accutrans Free file prerender, converter, supports mtx, obj, dfx.Converts 3ds to mtx for use in viewpoint.Converts approx 30 file types.

Spiralizer and Elefont Free font 3d effects.

They are all free, 'cept Zortam.

have fun, xonenine :)
Last edited by xonenine on January 21st, 2009, 11:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » January 19th, 2009, 5:07 am

Gimp and Gimp shop are free full featured paint programs. Gimp Shop gives Gimp an Adobe Photoshop type interface.Its a pretty full featured paintshop.

Wickimedia commons is one of the best public license royalty free art resources.An encyclopedic database of art releasd into the public domain.Any type of art or inspiration a body needs is in there, all in high quality svg, png, or jpg.

xonenine.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » January 21st, 2009, 11:36 am

Hey Slob, I'm thinking it might be beneficial to sticky a "useful software and tools" section in xion. I know my first thought while downloading every program is: do I have the tools, and, what other tools are available that I never tried. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby SLoB » January 22nd, 2009, 6:22 am

sure, good idea :)
I think as the list expands we can create a couple so the apps which are more appropriate to the specific group can be moved into the respective stickies
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby xonenine » January 22nd, 2009, 10:19 am

thanks SLoB, I'm sure alot of peeps will add more useful tools or links too. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » January 23rd, 2009, 12:31 pm

Apophysis2.02
Ok, this is absolutly one of the nicest free tools anyone could wish for to make animations or wallpapers instantly. It renders random or predefined batches of art (size of batch also defineable), after which your batch can be mutated, animated, edited, saved as jpg or batch files in any size. See your animations rendered before you build them and on the fly.Everything about your animation is definable, saves favorites. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » January 31st, 2009, 8:44 am

This is a nice website with a large selection of vj software for effects/programming shows. There are almost 100 links, and although about 5 I tried were down, the rest were active.Have fun, xonenine :)
http://www.audiovisualizers.com/toolshak/vjprgpix/softmain.htm
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » March 8th, 2009, 3:09 pm

DesignBots
Alot of you familiar with layers and modeling will like this, it looks like fun :)

http://www.hardingsoftware.com/designbots.htm

Linear and rotational motors are supported. You can use as many unmotorized parts as are required in your design as well. You can create reusable parts composed of subparts which are parts composed of subparts to any complexity. While constructing your robot you indicate which parts are motorized and simulate motor motion to ensure your design is functioning properly. When you are done, bot will search through your design to gather information on all the motors you've installed and presents you with a 'Control Motors' interface that allows you to manipulate any motor position and see the graphical result.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Deathy » April 29th, 2009, 2:24 am

You all forgot one very useful software :)
Xion for sure!
It's a light and very easy to use media player, it decode a lot of differents extensions, more than ITunes and WMP! And the logo is awesome :p

For the others useful software:

- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
It's a very very very good anti malware, I use it instead of an antivirus :)

- Spybot
Very good software against spyware and others craps

- Defraggler
A free defragmentation tool that work very fine and quickly.

- CCleaner
A crap cleaner that work very well.

- Glary Utilities
A TuneUp Utilities clone. Registry Clean Up, defragmentation, and a lot of useful feature too :)

- µTorrent
My favorite to manage the Bitorrent protocole.

- Firefox
I prefer it at all others, very user-friendly :)

Deathy
Xion Supporter

Postby Jikaru » April 29th, 2009, 3:56 am

Deathy Wrote:You all forgot one very useful software :)
Xion for sure!
It's a light and very easy to use media player, it decode a lot of differents extensions, more than ITunes and WMP! And the logo is awesome :p

For the others useful software:

- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
It's a very very very good anti malware, I use it instead of an antivirus :)

- Spybot
Very good software against spyware and others craps

- Defraggler
A free defragmentation tool that work very fine and quickly.

- CCleaner
A crap cleaner that work very well.

- Glary Utilities
A TuneUp Utilities clone. Registry Clean Up, defragmentation, and a lot of useful feature too :)

- µTorrent
My favorite to manage the Bitorrent protocole.

- Firefox
I prefer it at all others, very user-friendly :)

These are a must (some of them) I have most of those and they are pretty standard.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby lewa » February 11th, 2010, 12:51 pm

WOw nice list there xeonine. Never seen those, might check these out!
lewa
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » February 11th, 2010, 12:58 pm

I'm afraid it's very disordered.The newest two are particle emitters, magic particles and particleIllusion.Both are awesome, both have no learning curve at all, just start messing w parameter tables and see the results instantly.

The down side is the full featured pIllusion is 400 dollars.Both have trial versions that allow you to learn the software. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Return to General Off-Topic Discussion