Xion Audio Player

Windows 7 - A full guide to Beta 1

Anything and Everything not directly related to Xion. Catchup with friends, send links, chat, have fun. Just keep it clean

Postby logokas » January 16th, 2009, 12:28 pm

http://www.maxishine.com.au/forums/view ... d63f01c572

Warning: Link is not safe for 56K.

I will be updating this review during the following days, depending on how much new stuff i recover. And there is plenty, because i've left some things out, and have found new things while i uploaded it.

also

I GOT A TRIPLE COMBO DURING THE VERY FIRST MINUTE AFTER POSTING.

HOW AWESOME IS THAT.

Tired now.

ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby xonenine » January 17th, 2009, 5:58 pm

Thanks for the link.I found the review to be concise, fun and fast paced, as well as very informative.I can't say I found shelling out for Vista a waste, but I've been doing builds and software installs for people since windows 3.1, and I want to keep my customer and knowledge base strong.
I don't know how an average consumer would have endured reinstalling Vista 20 times or so, but you know, I always learn alot from my work.
Again, excellent review! :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby SLoB » January 18th, 2009, 12:54 am

shame the software industry hasn't caught up with the hardware industry yet, I remember when 64bit Vista RTM version came out over 2 years ago, still people are reluctant to buy it, and what's worse is with new pcs mainly the 32bit version is being pre-installed on 64bit hardware, talk about daft!

drivers and installers have only this past year recently started to work on 64bit

I really hope windows 7 is a better experience, love the way they word the ads on telly for vista, makes it an entertaining experience on using your pc ;)

there's still a year or so left of xp so it will be interesting to see how things progress
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby xonenine » May 15th, 2009, 6:24 am

I downloaded the windows 7 rc today, looking forward to running it, and hoping to hear more thoughts about it. It seems 7 may end up a free transition for Vista users.

For now I'll set it up on this system.I'm going to use Virtualbox, but I'd like to hear if anyone thinks there's a better choice for the VM:)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby djinn2 » May 15th, 2009, 8:28 am

I've always preferred Virtualbox personally. Not tried it with Windows 7 yet though. I've been running RC1 for over a week now on a dual boot setup with XP SP3 and on the whole its great. Xion runs well too.

A useful tip for anyone installing RC1 - make sure that the Windows 7 setup creates the partition that it'll be installed to because theres a slight difference in the NTFS version it uses from what I've read. The first time I installed it (on a partition created through XP) i started getting file system errors everytime I rebooted.
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby logokas » May 15th, 2009, 11:51 pm

I nearly destroyed my partitions trying to figure out why Windows 7 RC wouldn't install on the paritition i assigned for beta 1.

Now i have to repartition everything, so that's a bit gay. At least i lost no data though.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby kamrienlorrry » January 4th, 2010, 3:43 pm

Can some of you please advise me whether to buy the Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate operating systems for my new computer? Price is no object.Are the differences between them significant?,What are their advantages and limitations?
kamrienlorrry
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » January 4th, 2010, 6:27 pm

You can find out all about Windows 7 on Microsoft's page entitled "Which one is right for you?" -> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/wind ... ts/compare

There's tons of info on their website about Windows 7.

P.s Windows 7 is awesome.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Return to General Off-Topic Discussion