Xion Audio Player

Welcome to the OT Forum :)

Anything and Everything not directly related to Xion. Catchup with friends, send links, chat, have fun. Just keep it clean

Postby SLoB » October 5th, 2008, 12:41 am

Hey All :)
Welcome to the Off Topic section, please feel free to chat and have a laugh but please respect each other and value each others opinions, we're all after having a great time at the Xion forum :)

As Cliff said, try to keep it clean as possible as we have people of all ages visit the forum but that does not mean we cannot have some more fun around here :)

Also if anyone has questions or ideas get posting :)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby ALAS » October 5th, 2008, 8:28 am

maybe we should continue our chat about building guitars and making music ;-)

but again: where is Kev? KEV, O, WHERE ARE YOU?

btw: I didn´t mean you, SLoB ;-)
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » October 5th, 2008, 9:44 pm

heheh ;)
I have built 5 guitars too over the years ;)
And I also make music too heh, going to be revisiting the axe very soon to do some more collaborations with my m8 bulldog, between us we have drums, bass, guitars (both rhythm & lead) and we have 2 superb singers who help us with vocals. Keyboards are the only thing missing although basic keyboards we can handle
We will be doing some more tracks soon :)

but yea, there are a few skinners missing in action heheh, where art thou? ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Lance » October 5th, 2008, 10:14 pm

Wickeds, we needed an off-topic board :)

Music eh? Well, I've been writing and producing music for about 7 years. I write for any style really, be it electronic or accoustic, whatever the instruments. I just love to write music! I also play piano and do a spot of DJ'ing. Everything is 100% self-taught, same as graphics and anything I do basically.

My love for music ultimately led me to media players and their vast skins, which lead to my curiosity in how they were made which then lead me to Photoshop, where I have stayed for nearly 3 years to develop my new career and build a good rep. Fate is a wonderful thing!

Anyway enough about me, let's get this back on topic of being off-topic.

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby OfficerMike07 » October 6th, 2008, 2:48 am

Well, since this off topic post has become an "introduce yourself" kind of post...

I'm Mike, nineteen years old. I've played French horn for eight years, but I learned how to play simple things on the baritone at the age of five. I took less than a year of piano lessons at the age of seven, and to this day I can't play anything with my left hand other than sustained chords... besides, I've never learned to read bass clef. I also have a cheap guitar and trombone... hell if I know how to play 'em. I used to play outside, but then I moved. Away from my best friend, and not allowed to have a basketball hoop in my neighborhood, I made friends with the computer. I took a graphics class in high school, learning in CorelDRAW, which is why I avoided Photoshop until I found Xion. I also took three years of a four year engineering program in high school (calculus conflicted with it in my last year). I wanted to be a mechanical engineer, then I wanted to go into game design. I'm back into mechanical engineering (LEGO Technics were always an enjoyable part of my life), but my mom is trying to push me toward civil engineering, based on job availability. I love driving with a manual transmission, and it is for that reason that I hate hybrid and electric vehicles.
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby ALAS » October 6th, 2008, 8:14 pm

SLoB Wrote: Keyboards are the only thing missing although basic keyboards we can handle

I´ve had different bands where I played guitar and did vocals, but my main instrument is actually piano/keyboards! so if you can guarantee fame and money I´m your man! :D

From my age (43 8) ) I might fit, but I doubt that our music styles match, afair you´re metal, SLoB, and I am more into Electronic, Ambient, D´n Bass ;)

If someone´s interested in my stuff have a look at my site http://der_alas.myownmusic.de

I recommend ´Grün´and ´Horologiom´... :D
ALAS
Xion Fan

hi

Postby xonenine » March 18th, 2009, 1:09 pm

Hehe, those backgrounds are very similar.I'm 46 and I've been a hands-on painter for over 22 years.In the interim I started building computers as a hobby, my first one had a 40MB hard drive.
I got what graphics training I have at the end of a gun.After working in layout/graphics for a newspaper for a year, they laid me off and I went to an interview, and spoke rather poorly of the previous newspaper I worked for.It was the same newspapers' Head Office that had just laid me off and a week later I was running their 52 Newspaper FTP site w my own satellite office. :)

The next interview was just as funny.I went for a graphics job and it was a printshop.After a week of training, I was left alone in an office w/ 7 macs, an imagesetter, drum and flatbed scanners, a rip station, and hardly a clue!(The previous employee decided to leave w/o notice) It was a fun way to learn, aside from the migraines,hehe.

Graphics-wise so far I suppose my highest honor was a 1st place in graphics for Ohio Newspapers for a cover for the traveling vietnam veterans war memorial.

I can tell you, this year of learning has been real interesting.The differences between output for newspapers and print shops is very different than this.

Currently my favorite things to do are build levels for games and skin Xion.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » March 28th, 2009, 11:25 am

I forgot to add, I want to be Andy O'Meara when I grow up... :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » March 28th, 2009, 11:41 am

I just wrote Andy O'Meara a letter, and asked him to write us a visualization plugin for Xion.Wouldn't that be something! :o
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby djinn2 » March 28th, 2009, 3:59 pm

That'd be nice. A plugin to run G-Force or Whitecap through Xion would be nice, although the standalone setup works well for me too. The only thing I miss from Winamp is Milkdrop :(
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby logokas » March 28th, 2009, 9:13 pm

I agree that Milkdrop is awesome. Rather heavy on the machine if used as a simple vis. Come to think of it, no wonder Winamp opted for keeping visualisations out of skins.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby xonenine » March 30th, 2009, 2:03 am

They still work very well on vista, hehe. :)

xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » March 30th, 2009, 2:05 am

even worse, today I tried the sonique2 beta...for the first time. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby xonenine » March 30th, 2009, 2:24 pm

So Logokas, I will tell you a little about what I do here during the day.I paint for 8 hours, with a paint brush.And that's what I tell them when I come home, "I painted, with a paintbrush."But every 2 or 3 weeks I like to shake them up so I say, "I painted, with a roller."

What do you do there?What's Estonia like?The women must be beautiful... :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Jikaru » March 31st, 2009, 1:19 am

Here's my story...High School was a blur of gaming and passing tests without studying. Some say I was a brainiac but I never felt motivated by anything other than video games...odd.

So I investigated using the internet and found myself making 2d games that kinda looked like a gameboy game. I never actually finished any but they were fun beta builds to play at least. Then I started doing 3d design and modeling, and never went anywhere with that although I loved it the most.

I also do work in photoshop a lot actually. I enjoyed just making stuff so much that it lead me to school here at Valencia Community College where I study graphics technology. Now-a-days I spend my time with my girlfriend, playing my guitar (electric, mostly metal), and Playing PC games, and school and graphics.

Like now i'm chilling in class still wondering how i'm going to format a newsletter. Thus is my life...still waiting for something interesting to happen.

yay text sizes and such. btw Orlando isn't THAT interesting but it's better than Inverness...
Last edited by Jikaru on April 9th, 2009, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Next

Return to General Off-Topic Discussion