Xion Audio Player

Just an "Opininon and a little Observation", hop u

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby rexbaterna » October 18th, 2009, 4:45 am

good day,
would it be possible to add an option to remove tray icon? and instead let the app minimize in the taskbar?

also, I think there is a bug during minimizing the app on the tray or while it stays on the background(im not an expert or something but i find it annoying and i think also other novice users would)

- when you open another window and try to go back to the player, you cannot select because its no longer in the background or it disappears when you try to click it.. i am a new fan of the greatest music player of all(Xion Player) and i think its "99.9% perfect".. it loads fast, has stunning skins, supports almost any format..etc..

-also i tried to play a ".KAR" file which i have been playing with karafun, and i learned that Xion cannot play the file properly.. if it can be done, could you also please add karaoke support if that's not "aking too much"(im not an IT expert or sumthing..hehe)

also, just an added versatility/flexibity if you would, can an option to only apply hotkeys when the app is selected or not in the background be added?

this(Xion Player) is really the best player ive tried and really want it to be the last player that i will try/use... more power to the developer....u

just saying/expressing,
"HellRaiser" :lol:
rexbaterna
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » October 18th, 2009, 6:51 am

Wrong section.

But welcome to Xion Community anyway, i guess.

Your third paragraph suggests the feature you're after is Always On Top.

Karaoke files are an uncommon audio source, thus unsupported. It might be difficult to add support for these files, as they may be very propietary, or simply just not worth supporting.

Hotkey support is also already available. Just look in the Configure menus.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Cliff Cawley » October 18th, 2009, 10:36 am

rexbaterna Wrote:good day,

Hi rexbaterna,

Some of the things you've said here are bugs, while others are feature requests. I'm going to move your post to the General Discussion forum as it contains a few questions as well. You can then split them up later if you still need to request/bug them.

rexbaterna Wrote:would it be possible to add an option to remove tray icon? and instead let the app minimize in the taskbar?

In the latest Beta versions I've added an option to allow it to show in the Task bar. It will always still remain in the Tray though.

rexbaterna Wrote:also, I think there is a bug during minimizing the app on the tray or while it stays on the background(im not an expert or something but i find it annoying and i think also other novice users would)

Which version of Xion are you using? Which version of Windows are you using? I haven't seen this before so it might be an old bug?

rexbaterna Wrote:- when you open another window and try to go back to the player, you cannot select because its no longer in the background or it disappears when you try to click it.. i am a new fan of the greatest music player of all(Xion Player) and i think its "99.9% perfect".. it loads fast, has stunning skins, supports almost any format..etc..

I'm not sure what's going on here, other than perhaps logokas's suggestion that you need to use Always on Top? Again, which version of Xion and Windows are you using?

rexbaterna Wrote:-also i tried to play a ".KAR" file which i have been playing with karafun, and i learned that Xion cannot play the file properly.. if it can be done, could you also please add karaoke support if that's not "aking too much"(im not an IT expert or sumthing..hehe)

I've never heard of this file extension but looks like its a .midi file with extra information. You'd probably have to send me a file or two so I can see what it looks like and see if its possible to play.

rexbaterna Wrote:also, just an added versatility/flexibity if you would, can an option to only apply hotkeys when the app is selected or not in the background be added?

Yes, at the moment the Hotkeys are 'Global Hotkeys' so they work all the time. Later I will add the ability to use keys just when Xion is in focus.

rexbaterna Wrote:this(Xion Player) is really the best player ive tried and really want it to be the last player that i will try/use... more power to the developer....u

just saying/expressing,
"HellRaiser" :lol:

Thanks!

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Return to General Xion Discussion