Xion Audio Player

The Hiatus

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby logokas » March 27th, 2011, 10:53 pm

It has now been a fair bit of time since the last proper update, which was 127.

Activity has died down, development is on hiatus, and people don't visit much.

We know the reason, Cliff is working on something else, with some actual profit.

It's unfortunate though, because without development, there seems to be no community at all. The occasional skins that come out, are from Lance's forum GUISTATION, but they only make it to deviantART.

I would prefer if this did not turn into abandonware, because this really is something brilliant.

So, Cliff, is there hope of you returning to developing Xion in the near future?
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby WinstonGFX » March 28th, 2011, 2:34 am

What other developments are you hoping for?
WinstonGFX
Xion Admirer

Postby logokas » April 1st, 2011, 5:15 am

For instance, in the feedback panel, it is noted that the Library plugin is planned to be improved.

Plus, there are still plenty of requests worth looking into.

I find it strange that your opinion is that Xion is a finished product.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby SLoB » April 1st, 2011, 7:25 pm

There's still loads of feature requests going back years that skinners would like to become a reality. For the most part there is plenty enough, however, Xion could be so much more considering how it works. Really surprised one of the big players has not bought it as it's almost a dream in itself.
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Cliff Cawley » April 3rd, 2011, 5:39 pm

Hey guys,

I'm still here, life's had its ups and downs for me lately. Many months ago Lance promised some updates to the default skin and the website, but as time went on, I started losing hope and realised that its a good idea if I work on something else for a while. My personal life also went through some crazy times and its still not totally back on track, but I'm working through it.

I'm nearing completion on my Startup Delayer product and I'm aiming to jump back into Xion when its done.

I know the community has definitely died down without the releases so I am looking to pick it up again soon.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby WinstonGFX » April 4th, 2011, 6:36 am

Awesome Cliff, looking forward to it
WinstonGFX
Xion Admirer

Postby Lance » April 13th, 2011, 12:13 am

Cliff Cawley Wrote:Lance promised some updates to the default skin and the website, but as time went on, I started losing hope

Yikes... :?

In my defense, the reasons for your own absense where partly why I myself have been absent. I know how busy you've been with other things so I've too taken time to get myself sorted (starting a business btw :) ). I figured when you return, I can continue with our ideas. And seeing your pics on facebook of the floods where quite a shock too (did they reach your house btw? Really hope you didn't lose anything man...). Basically, I've just kept my distance out of respect for your busy sched, and my own.

So now we're both out in the open about being occupied outside of Xion, where do we go from here? I still have a ton of ideas to run past you but I dono when the best time is to do so. I'd love to get back into Xion again properly but it'd be helpful to know when you have some time too. :)

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Return to General Xion Discussion