Xion Audio Player

Next Xion build

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby SLoB » May 31st, 2007, 6:09 pm

heh if u look above Alas post u will see i already mentioned moveable group sets, ive also mentioned it to Cliff months ago, these could form drawers such as found in other media players with no code, now thats the ace bit
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Foleor » May 31st, 2007, 9:22 pm

SLoB Wrote:heh if u look above Alas post u will see i already mentioned moveable group sets, ive also mentioned it to Cliff months ago, these could form drawers such as found in other media players with no code, now thats the ace bit

Ah, well I skimmed the topic a bit so I didnt mention that it was your idea =)

But yeah, you could do lotsa cool things with it. Maybe some indicator's for the length, like a skin with 2 speakers, and the more you place a speaker to the left, the more the balance will control to your left speaker and things like that.
Anyway, great Idea =)
Yay for skinning!
Foleor
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » May 31st, 2007, 10:03 pm

Foleor Wrote: Third sorta repeat button, but for repeating a single number. (Yeh, sometimes I have a number-mood and wanna repeat it the whole day and things, now my only option is to create a new list with only that number in it, so an extra state for the repeat button wud be great.

Why don't you just type the name of the song into the playlist search filter?? It will filter your current playlist to just that song and essentially repeat forever...when you are sick of it, clear the filter and you have your playlist back!

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Cliff Cawley » May 31st, 2007, 10:17 pm

SLoB Wrote:* moveable group sets to act like drawers with lots of content to move from x,y to xn,yn and back again

What sort of control would you want for this?

I.e. Would you like the ability to click on a button and when clicking that button it issues a command to move a layer to x,y over time?

To act as a drawer would you then just hide that button and show a new one that moves it to another x,y?

Or do you want to only be able to specify a start x,y and and end x,y that gets triggered by a button?

To me, I can see the first option being a LOT more powerful, because you could effectively make some crazy designs where all the controls are always shifting around instead of just back and forth like a drawer, but you could also create a drawer if you wanted to.

Thoughts?

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby ALAS » May 31st, 2007, 10:18 pm

Foleor Wrote:
3. Alas' idea, moveable group sets

think the idea came first from SLoB...

edit: oh you discussed that before, haven´t seen when posted this...
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » May 31st, 2007, 10:30 pm

Cliff as long as the first option was also available to a set then yes, the idea with being able to move, x,y pixels would be great for drawers/panels etc.. with lots of objects in
perhaps in time even embed a simple playlist into a drawer within the skin

the idea being to basically replicate a basic drawer in winamp, this will suffice most things but if the ability to move a set is implemented then this has a lot of potential, then it doesnt matter if any amount of layers are in the group, not only that but you could have 1 drawer group with layers that moved also and split into 2 for example, left right type thing
with a start and end you could move drawers/objects around into preset coords, the first option would have a start anyways which is defined by the layout in the psd but that could change depending on skin/ideas
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby ALAS » May 31st, 2007, 10:47 pm

Cliff Cawley Wrote:
I.e. Would you like the ability to click on a button and when clicking that button it issues a command to move a layer to x,y over time?

1. this would be the better one. Important would be, that a number of layers can be combined to a group which then can be moved by one command. I found that sometimes the space photoshop offers for layer names is not enough for complex things. And moving lets say 15 layers, each with specific coordinates would of course be too much for one layer even in a modify(A,B,C,D,...) version...

2. completely mega-great would be if also animations could me moved while playing :)
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby Foleor » June 1st, 2007, 1:37 am

Cliff Cawley Wrote:
Foleor Wrote: Third sorta repeat button, but for repeating a single number. (Yeh, sometimes I have a number-mood and wanna repeat it the whole day and things, now my only option is to create a new list with only that number in it, so an extra state for the repeat button wud be great.

Why don't you just type the name of the song into the playlist search filter?? It will filter your current playlist to just that song and essentially repeat forever...when you are sick of it, clear the filter and you have your playlist back!

Now thats an idea ^_^'' (Other side of Foleor: I should have tought of that!)
Yay for skinning!
Foleor
Xion Supporter

Postby mak77 » June 1st, 2007, 9:26 am

- Advanced & skinnable Playlist
- Notifier (similar to Toaster for winamp)
- Media Library (based on sqlite) with mass tagging
mak77
Xion Supporter

Postby rainbow » June 7th, 2007, 3:14 am

I would like if you could add some simple shortcut features, for example, i can put play stop and a few more as shortcut keys, but one thing i miss from WinamP is the shortcut keys to go forward or back on the songs.

Like for example i press Ctrl+Alt+right arrow and the song jumps a few seconds forward and if i press Ctrl+Alt+Left arrow the song would go back a few seconds.

Ofcourse, we should be able to choose the number of seconds the song would jump. :D

I think its simple and great, because sometimes i'm hearing big Sets of songs and i just like certain parts of it, so if i could pass to the good parts, it would be great.

Hope its not confusing :roll: :D
rainbow
Xion Supporter

Postby Foleor » June 7th, 2007, 10:04 pm

rainbow Wrote:I would like if you could add some simple shortcut features, for example, i can put play stop and a few more as shortcut keys, but one thing i miss from WinamP is the shortcut keys to go forward or back on the songs.

Like for example i press Ctrl+Alt+right arrow and the song jumps a few seconds forward and if i press Ctrl+Alt+Left arrow the song would go back a few seconds.

Ofcourse, we should be able to choose the number of seconds the song would jump. :D

I think its simple and great, because sometimes i'm hearing big Sets of songs and i just like certain parts of it, so if i could pass to the good parts, it would be great.

Hope its not confusing :roll: :D

Well, if you have a skin with a "Progress Bar" you could use that for it... but offcourse, not all skins have that so you have a point.
Yay for skinning!
Foleor
Xion Supporter

Postby KEV-O » June 10th, 2007, 12:53 pm

I have a few things I'd like to see changed, but I think for the next build of Xion, the major changes should be made first. I think the biggest of these is the not-so-simple library. Once this is complete, then I believe the next step should be allowing the library & playlist to be skinned since Xion's entire focus is on it's revolutionary method of skinning.
KEV-O
Xion Admirer

Postby Mudslung » June 20th, 2007, 12:58 am

As a new member and a new "user" of Xion, I saw this thread for future suggestions and thought I was going to jump right in and give up this awsome suggestion to implement. Album Art!! LOL- Much to my dismay, I see that it was on "everybodies" #1 list. After downloading it (yesterday) my first impression was....WOW, "this thing is cool, and light and compact." I even disabled my Winamp player! But my first critique, was "wheres the Album Art"! I guess all I can do now is jump in on the "wheres the Album Art" craze!!!
I would like to also take this time to give KEV-O my sincere compliments on his Skinning abilities!!
Suppose it would be proper to give Cliff my props, actually ahead of KEV-O!!! Beautiful addition to my music collection, Thank you sir!
© MUDSLUNG STUDIOS
If u have a name like "MUDSLUNG".......
You, might be a REDNECK!
Mudslung
Xion Supporter

Postby KEV-O » June 20th, 2007, 1:37 am

First of all, Thanks Mudslung! :) I hope to see some great stuff from you as well! Secondly, I was looking at Xion this morning, and I started thinking that the playlist and library being seperate isn't really neccesary. This is rough, just to give an idea, but something like this could potentially take their place:

In the sorting tabs on the left side, there could also be "playlists" and "internet sources" which would incorperate the library. Anyway, I'm sure I'm not thinking about something, but I personally have never used the library once. I think it and the playlist could become "as one". :D
KEV-O
Xion Admirer

Postby SLoB » June 20th, 2007, 4:06 am

I was also thinking of an advanced playlist with some type of sql backend and even create suggested playlists based from usage/ratings etc...
if Cliff gives us an sdk then that opens up opportunities for others to work on advanced playlists/media library type components in parallel, however, things are might be changing which I'm sure Cliff will say when he's ready

as was mentioned the other week, there are already players out there with excellent playlist/tagging/sql playlists/media libraries so why not possibly touch on those etc..

imo we will have to wait till Cliff sets out the roadmap for the future of Xion, in the meantime of course we can put our wishes down ;)
Xion is entering a crucial time imo, the biggest thing it has going for it atm is the skinning engine and the switchover to BASS made a lot more formats to play, lots of stuff to decide on the future, I'm sure it will be bright ;) maybe not orange tho ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to General Xion Discussion