Xion Audio Player

Zipping it up for distribution?

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby RV Arts FX » July 29th, 2007, 6:52 pm

OK, now that i have a skin to share with everyone, how do i make the preview and zip it up for distribution? I tryed to make the 128X128 layer and it don't work.
RV Arts FX
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » July 30th, 2007, 2:00 am

for preview layers i never bother with the 128*128
making a preview layer is pretty straightforward:-
create a layer at the top of the psd called preview, fill it with white and make sure psd is zoomed at 100%
hide that layer and while your skin is in Xion being used then position it into the area and line it up with the psd version, now show the white preview layer, this is now your background for the shot
press prtscrn button and paste into the psd
this will create a new layer, position the layer so that the white lines up in the box, ctlr+select the preview layer and cut out the screenshot, dump the layer that was pasted in, now highlight both the new layer and the preview layer and merge, if that merged layer doesnt keep the name, then rename it to preview

add the psd into a zip file, rename to .xsf

if your using savestate/svst keywords you might want to delete state files in the state folder so that you can verify the skin is working as intended
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby RV Arts FX » July 30th, 2007, 2:48 pm

Thanks for the help SLoB. I tryed it but i must be doing something wrong. The preview never showed up in the skin brouser. I will keep trying. I don't use the popular art programs that all the skinners use. I have PhotoImpact 10 Pro. I never used my layer manager befor untill i started skinning a Xion player. It's kinda new to me, but alot of fun. Thanks again. :D
RV Arts FX
Xion Supporter

Postby RV Arts FX » July 31st, 2007, 5:55 am

I put my PSD skin in a zip file and re-named the zip exstention to XSF. Was that correct? If it was, it didn't work. When i tryed to click on the XSF file, my skin disapeard and the program froze. I think i will wait untill a zip and installer is included like SkinStudio has in the next Xion build. :cry:
RV Arts FX
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » July 31st, 2007, 6:19 am

make sure either the xsf or psd file is in interfaces folder
there wont be any installers coming anytime soon, there is no need
alternatively put the xsf file on the desktop for example and open it, xion will detect its a skin and install it to that interfaces folder
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby RV Arts FX » July 31st, 2007, 4:22 pm

It worked this time,but it still foze for a while. I could see it on my desktop very faintly. Then it appeard and worked ok. One thing also, i used WinRar to zip it. And i may have a corrupt layer. I don't know if this would cause the hang up.
RV Arts FX
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » July 31st, 2007, 8:15 pm

RV Arts FX Wrote:It worked this time,but it still foze for a while. I could see it on my desktop very faintly. Then it appeard and worked ok. One thing also, i used WinRar to zip it. And i may have a corrupt layer. I don't know if this would cause the hang up.

Send it my way using the web form on the Contact page and I'll take a look at it to see if I can reproduce the hang up here.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Return to General Xion Discussion