Xion Audio Player

Xion Skinning Contest in association with Skinning.net

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby Cliff Cawley » September 2nd, 2007, 9:37 pm

Skinning.net has started a Xion Skinning Contest!

In cooperation with Xion Audio Player and (it's author) Cliff Cawley we give you 'The Xion Skinning.net Contest'.

Xion is possibly the easiest to skin and fastest growing skinable media player ever.

Anyone who can make a PhotoShop file (there are programs that can create a .psd without the need for PhotoShop, including some free ones) can make a great looking player in no time with this amazing program.

The Rules:
  • You must be a member of Skinning.net (joining is free with instant access).
  • Each contestant can upload 2 skins maximum.
  • The skin must contain all normal media player controls. These would include...
    • Play, Stop and Pause
    • Next and Previous Track
    • EQ and Playlist buttons
    • Volume control
    • Player can include more then these but the above are required.

• Skin must be uploaded to the 'Xion Contest' section at Skinning.net
  • The skin must be "new" original (not uploaded to any other site)
  • The skin can not be uploaded to another site until after the end of the contest.
  • Uploading will take place anytime during the contest, from Sept. 4th to Sept. 24th

The judging will take place during the week after the upload deadline and a winner announced on Oct. 1st.

The Prizes
  • 1st Place - $75 USD from Skinning.net and $75 from Xion - Totaling $150
  • 2nd Place - $25 USD from Skinning.net and $25 from Xion - Totaling $50

Prize money from Skinning.net and Xion Audio Player will be paid out via PayPal or a money order if within the US, other arrangements will have to be made for outside the US if not paid through PayPal.

Be sure to get your skins ready and don't miss out on this contest.

Good luck everyone!

Cliff :)
Last edited by Cliff Cawley on February 17th, 2008, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby I.R. Brainiac » September 3rd, 2007, 7:06 am

Cool...I should be able to put one together for the windowblind I'm working on. :o

Maxstyles.com
I.R. Brainiac
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » September 3rd, 2007, 7:12 am

nice, plenty of towel rails there ;)
i mention that cos i've been looking at bloody towel rails and accessories lol ;)

hmm I thought you were gonna hook up with SC Cliff on the comp? its been fairly inactive on the forum of late, didn't know you were planning this
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Cliff Cawley » September 3rd, 2007, 1:37 pm

SLoB Wrote:nice, plenty of towel rails there ;)
i mention that cos i've been looking at bloody towel rails and accessories lol ;)

hmm I thought you were gonna hook up with SC Cliff on the comp? its been fairly inactive on the forum of late, didn't know you were planning this

I didn't plan this, Skinning.net did. They emailed me the other day letting me know of a contest they were ready to do and if I could provide some prizes/be involved.

I said sure and they sent me the details they'd done and it all sounded great so they went ahead :)

Skinning.net was already setup and ready to go, whereas SC is still in planning. No ones really said anything. I tried emailing DeviantArt with no reply and had kinda forgotten about it due to how busy I've been lately.

I didn't have to do anything for Skinning.net, they handled it all :)

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby skryingbreath » September 3rd, 2007, 3:30 pm

Awwwwwwwww snap son, time to get some money.

Cash rules everything around me. CREAM. Get the money. Dolla', dolla' bill, y'all.
skryingbreath
Xion Admirer

Postby I.R. Brainiac » September 4th, 2007, 7:32 am

SLoB Wrote:nice, plenty of towel rails there ;)

hahahha...wait til you see the white version...it just begs for a flush handle. :lol:
Maxstyles.com
I.R. Brainiac
Xion Supporter

Postby SK Originals » September 6th, 2007, 1:49 am

We are really looking forward to some great skins from all, everyone has a chance :D
SK Originals
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » September 10th, 2007, 7:34 pm

the comp does not specify if the current beta version can be used, the new features in the beta will allow for more creativity in certain aspects so I think it should be possible to allow the beta version to be used for skins also, that will help drive creativity if skinners can realise the potential
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby SK Originals » September 12th, 2007, 3:35 pm

Tha only 'rules' are the ones listed in the contest discription... if you would like to use the beta version feel free to do so. You might want to mention in the skins discription though that it IS the beta version if that is the case. ;)
SK Originals
Xion Supporter

Postby SK Originals » September 18th, 2007, 8:15 am

8 days left to get your entries into the contest, be sure you have your ready in time.

Check out the current entries here Xion Skinning entries
SK Originals
Xion Supporter

Postby Digimike » September 25th, 2007, 12:21 pm

Not sure what is up with their site but apparently if you comment on 2 things in a minute you get banned for flooding?

I see why they have low traffic.
Digimike
Xion Supporter

Postby skryingbreath » September 25th, 2007, 2:37 pm

Oh no he didn't!
skryingbreath
Xion Admirer

Postby SK Originals » September 27th, 2007, 1:32 am

Well, that sounds extremely odd.... there is an autoban feature but its for something like 2 comments in less then 10 seconds, 10 failed login attempts from the same IP, multiple failed logins for the same user from different IP's and one for 101 hits in a certain time frame. The feature is there to stop spam bots from flooding the server/site (which it has happened). If for some reason you feel you were banned by mistake for one of these reasons please feel free to contact me personally ( [email protected] ) and we can correct this by removing the ban. We do our best to serve and look out for our members.

As for the 'low traffic' we are a small site and we like it that way but we still get well over 50,000 hits a month (sometimes reaching nearly 100,000). ;)
SK Originals
Xion Supporter

Return to General Xion Discussion