Xion Audio Player

"Always on top" Not always on top...

General Discussion about Xion Audio Player

Postby epsilon » March 2nd, 2008, 7:34 am

First off, I'd like to say that this has fully replaced my other media players and is an excellent program. However recently I have encountered something I cannot seem to resolve.
And after reading and searching the forums for a while I don't seem to see anyone else having a similar problem. For some odd reason Xion won't be always on top in some full screen programs for me. However for others, like WoW... It will. I cannot even use the global commands in certain full screen programs such as LoTRO, or granado espada.

By the way, just it case it matters, I'm using windows xp pro. Xion V1.0 Build 94. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
epsilon
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 2nd, 2008, 1:12 pm

epsilon Wrote:First off, I'd like to say that this has fully replaced my other media players and is an excellent program. However recently I have encountered something I cannot seem to resolve.
And after reading and searching the forums for a while I don't seem to see anyone else having a similar problem. For some odd reason Xion won't be always on top in some full screen programs for me. However for others, like WoW... It will. I cannot even use the global commands in certain full screen programs such as LoTRO, or granado espada.

By the way, just it case it matters, I'm using windows xp pro. Xion V1.0 Build 94. Any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi epsilon and welcome to the Xion community!

Thanks for the great comments. The always on Top flag will work for more applications. Some games however request DirectX in exclusive mode and then also set their window to be Always on Top. Therefore Xion will get set to behind their window and you won't see it. So this is expected.

The Global keys should always work no matter if Xion is visible or not. Are you using the default keys or have you changed them to something else? Perhaps they are conflicting in LoTRO? (I don't play it myself)

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Return to General Xion Discussion