Xion Audio Player

Skin for visualy impaired needed

Skinning Questions, Suggestions and Ideas

Postby tazem » February 12th, 2009, 5:29 am

I am looking for a skin that can be used by someone with a severe visual impairment. The skin would need to be quite large. He has center vision blindness so text, buttons, sliders would need to be substantial and high contrast. There also should be a fair separation between elements.

He will be listening primarily to audiobooks so the info area should be able to show
Artist (Author)
Album (Title)
Title (Chapter/CD#)
Track
Time total / remaining

I will be trying to make one myself but, as I have never done this before I though I would ask here as well. I know that something like this would be a great help to others as well as my friend.

Any suggestions, tips, or idea would be greatly appreciated. This will defiantly be a learning experience for me. :D

Thanks
tazem
tazem
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » February 12th, 2009, 5:53 am

This is an overly large version of a skin I'm making, which seems ideally suited as a basis for the type of skin youre describing.Just change the font to one that suits your needs, and add a few large bright buttons, there should be plenty of room to define areas. :)

heres a link to the zip file. I hope it is helpful. :) PS being it was your idea to do one for visually impaired access, feel free to use, not use, or upload it for others. The finished skin is already different and youre welcome to it.

http://www.geocities.com/downwcarbon/xresevil.zip
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby tazem » February 12th, 2009, 4:46 pm

Thanks I'll take a look.

taz
tazem
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » February 12th, 2009, 6:10 pm

The skin xonenine gave is useless to visually impaired, because the font is already hard to read by normal people. Plus it lacks contrast and confuses you.

Best make your own. It's not that difficult, and you can customize it fruther, should there be any need to.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Return to General Skin Discussion