Xion Audio Player

Skin Positioning

Skinning Questions, Suggestions and Ideas

Where do you like to position your skins?

Poll ended at April 12th, 2009, 12:32 am

Bottom Right
29%
Snapped to Taskbar
14%
Top Centered
29%
Sidebar Area
No votes
Somewhere Else: (Please explain)
29%

Total votes : 7

Postby xonenine » April 8th, 2009, 12:32 am

90% of the time I place a skin bottom right of my screen. Alternately, I like them top center, rearview mirror style.

How important is this to you when downloading skins?
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby djinn2 » April 8th, 2009, 11:21 am

Bottom right most of the time. Depends on what you're doing while listening. If I'm busy i want the player to be accessibles but unobstrusive. A good bar mode allows the player to sit over the taskbar, statusbar, toolbars or the window frame.

I tend to swap skins quite regularly throughout the day to fit them in with what I'm doing. But it's nice to just sit back and watch a good vis sometimes.
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby OfficerMike07 » April 8th, 2009, 3:01 pm

For some reason I haven't yet developed an affinity toward bar style skins, despite the fact that they seem like so much less of a hassle. I leave my skins floating around, wherever they don't cover up important toolbars or textboxes... a never-ending struggle in my environment. I really should start getting bar skins.
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby xonenine » April 8th, 2009, 3:25 pm

I know what you mean, sometimes I move mine alot. I could see a nice sidebar skin on the right with a drop down playlist might be out of my way... :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Jikaru » April 9th, 2009, 12:18 pm

Usually positioned towards the right of my screen, With winamp always in bottom right. But I like the freedom of a floating xion skin (especially since the skins I make have a transparent inactive state or are just simply smaller when inactive.) BUT most of the time with ALL media players (except when watching a movie) they rest in the taskbar, now if only Xion had a taskbar remote as a plug-in...I would most likely use that...BUT then again when I get a new computer it will be a mac and I won't need it hehe.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Return to General Skin Discussion