Xion Audio Player

I need help with xion skin.Help please!!!!!

Skinning Questions, Suggestions and Ideas

Postby RAIDENSUB » February 10th, 2010, 11:29 pm

I would like to make my own xion skin but i want it to be very cool with animations and 3D. I find one very cool optimus prime head psd and i would like to use that.It is possible to use a premade psd? If it can be done can someone guide me to the process? Thanks very much.
RAIDENSUB
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » February 11th, 2010, 6:06 am

Yes, a .psd will work.Just rename the layers to correspond to your button actions.For instance you might name an eye next and the other eye previous.Find areas that look like logical buttons, rename them as needed for Xion functions.Name a layer moveable, add a track layer.

If you want the easiest way for all the over states for the buttons to start with, just make a copy of each button, play for instance, leave the copy right on top of the play button, it can now be named play_over.

Merge some layers down if there are more than you need for buttons, etc.Try some stuff, lots of people here to answer and help, have fun.

The best thing to do is open a simple skin you like by renaming it from .xsf to .zip, you can then extract it and look at its structure.On the help page is the layer reference chart, which shows the tags/keywords for all the layers/functions.Have fun. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby RAIDENSUB » February 11th, 2010, 6:39 am

Thank for your help but i am noob and it would be more helpful if i can find one full tutorial.I find some thinks but nothing complete.I would keep looking because in 5 days i won't have internet any more.I am trying to find anything i can and then i would have to study four hours.Sorry for my english.
RAIDENSUB
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » February 11th, 2010, 8:10 am

Try this then, it is very straightforward, w pictures:

http://xion.r2.com.au/index.php?page=tut1
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby RAIDENSUB » February 11th, 2010, 5:46 pm

Thanks for the help.I am going to start studying.I find this guide if anyone is interesting

http://psd.tutsplus.com/tutorials/inter ... photoshop/
RAIDENSUB
Xion Supporter

Return to General Skin Discussion