Xion Audio Player

[Solved]2 questions... 1 skin, mutiple colors

Skinning Questions, Suggestions and Ideas

Postby Foxe » November 22nd, 2010, 12:24 am

Hi there sorry if this is posted somewhere else, I looked for a long time and couldn't find it.

This program is awesome and the skinning is pretty user friendly. This is my first time creating a skin.

First question: I have this skin I created in multiple different colors (gray, orange, blue, green, red, pink). I was wondering if there was a way to create a button that when clicked will change the skin color to the next selection and when clicked again it goes to the next and so on until it loops back around to the beginning and starts all over again.

Second Question: How do I create an usable file for other people to download. I know that you can zip the file and view archive and rename to a .xsf. However when I do this then double click the .xsf file nothing happens. Normally When I download a skin from the site I get a zip file and extract a .xsf file and double click it and it asks for me to install and open. Where am I going wrong. (Edit: Figured this out with a lot of searching and made a tutorial for anyone else looking. http://xion.r2.com.au/community/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1869)

Foxe
Last edited by Foxe on May 8th, 2012, 5:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
Foxe
Xion Supporter

Postby WinstonGFX » December 14th, 2010, 12:14 am

1. If you create a separate PSD for each color skin, you can have a button that loads the new interface. Or if you are tricky about how your color works, you can have the button set a certain color layer to off and a different color layer on.

2. Sounds like you are doing it right.
WinstonGFX
Xion Admirer

Postby logokas » December 17th, 2010, 10:07 pm

When you download a skin from the Xion site, you're SUPPOSE to get an XSF file that you double click, and it pops up the install prompt.

Some users don't quite understand just what an XSF is. Perhaps the skinning section should contain an updated explanation for that.

Basically an XSF is a renamed ZIP that contains the psd. Make sure that there are no folders inside the ZIP, IE if you have a folder called Skin, do not ZIP the folder, ZIP its' contents. That way you get the intended function that is correct.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Foxe » January 8th, 2012, 9:06 pm

Thanks guys took me a while to reply but your help was perfect and appreciated.
Foxe
Xion Supporter

Postby Foxe » January 8th, 2012, 9:09 pm

Thanks guys, its been a really long time since I have had my computer and able to read these reply's, they helped a ton, thanks much appreciated.
Foxe
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » January 23rd, 2012, 4:38 pm

Sure. It's good that some activity is still happening.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Foxe » May 6th, 2012, 4:30 am

WinstonGFX Wrote:1. If you create a separate PSD for each color skin, you can have a button that loads the new interface. Or if you are tricky about how your color works, you can have the button set a certain color layer to off and a different color layer on.

2. Sounds like you are doing it right.

Awesome, now that I know it can be done. How does one do it? Also is there a way to do this for the playlist as well. When I read my question back to me it came across a little confusing, so to clarify.

I want to create a black player with blue buttons/details, a button will change the blue colors to green when clicked and back to blue if clicked again, I want to be able to do the same thing with the playlist.
Foxe
Xion Supporter

Return to General Skin Discussion