Xion Audio Player

How can I hide the volume slider?

Skinning Questions, Suggestions and Ideas

Postby boopish » November 9th, 2012, 5:07 am

I am in the process of making a new glassy, minimal style skin and I want to hide the volume slider until the volume icon is clicked.

Here is what I would like to have it do (if I can):

the controls are all on a glassy "clip" attached to a glassy base to display the album art, time and track info. the clip has two rows of controls - the player buttons and below them, the icons for operations such as shuffle, repeat, playlist and volume.

I would like to have the volume slider, track and bit hidden in the space between these two rows, until the volume icon is clicked and then have it hidden again when the icon is clicked again.

I know I can do this for pop out panels using the id(panel), but does this use the action_layer_switch? and how would it be implemented?
boopish
Xion Supporter

Postby Lance » November 10th, 2012, 1:13 pm

Hey :)

You would first assign an ID to the volume object itself, so the layer name would be "id(vol) volumelr"

Then you can use the "aclashow" and "aclahide" keywords to show/hide it when needed. If you're using a sliding panel animation to reveal the vol slider, you would place the above keywords on an animation frame (most likely close to where the panel is fully open and fully closed. So in this example, your animation would play through, then hit a frame with the layer name "modify(vol) aclashow". You then do the same on another frame as the panel closes but use "aclahide" instead.

Sorry if this is sounding a little confusing. If you still require help, I can put together a PSD example for you to dissect.

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Return to General Skin Discussion