Xion Audio Player

Using Xion beside Object Dock

Skinning Questions, Suggestions and Ideas

Postby KEV-O » December 3rd, 2006, 3:10 pm

This is kinda random, but for object dock users, a small icon-looking xion skin can fit right in beside an object dock which makes for even less space used up on your desktop. The CD here is one i made. The text only appears when the CD is clicked on. Just a thought! :)

If you dont have object dock and are interested... here's a link.
http://www.stardock.com/products/objectdock/
KEV-O
Xion Admirer

Postby Scarebear » December 3rd, 2006, 4:31 pm

Clever. Does the CD grow when you mouse-over it? That would be cool :)
Because skinning should be fun!
http://www.scarebear.org/
Scarebear
Xion Supporter

Postby Harkonenn » December 4th, 2006, 6:17 am

Kev-O - great idea. I use ObjectDock. Perhaps an actual icon on the dock, like a SysStats controller or an actual Xion docklet? I'm only saying this because Scarebear brought up a good point - unless you have the dock magnification disabled, the dock icons may over/underlap the skin.
Harkonenn
Xion Supporter

Postby KEV-O » December 4th, 2006, 8:33 am

Yup, I had to disable magnification. If someone could figure out how to make a xion docklet, that would be awesome. It's beyond my skills though!
KEV-O
Xion Admirer

Postby djinn2 » December 4th, 2006, 11:22 pm

Looks nice. I don't use ObjectDock as it seems to suck up memory on my machine and ends up annoying me. I was tempted by the new Winstep Xtreme suite as it seemed very stable, but I only really wanted NeXuS from it so I didn't bother. I'm currently using AveDesk, low resource usage and fun to play with. And it supports docklets and SysStats.

I find Xion fits nicely with any desktop once you choose the right skin. I can't see the point of a Xion docklet unless it adds to the functionality. Whats the point of running Xion if you can't see it?
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby katy009 » January 5th, 2007, 9:03 am

:D thatd be cool, i use objectdock , and a xion docklet would be wonderful, maybe if you guys talk with some guys there at wincustomize.com they might help you make a docklet.
katy009
Xion Supporter

Return to General Skin Discussion