Xion Audio Player

'Gimp' usable for skinning Xion?

Skinning Questions, Suggestions and Ideas

Postby SK Originals » April 15th, 2007, 2:52 am

I don't know if this has been discussed anywhere, but a fellow skinner over at our site might have discovered that 'Gimp' also works for skinning the Xion player. Here is his post...

By: DrillnBoss
I started working on a skin a couple of days ago. I don't have adobe so I tried Paint Shop, it would not save a usable file. So I tried Paint dot Net with the PSD plugin, it worked but I get no text. So I got the Gimp, it worked! But now I have to learn to use the Gimp so I can do some cutting and pasting.
This is going to be a good program to skin.

He is going to keep us posted as to how it goes. Just thought this might be intresting to some.
SK Originals
Xion Supporter

Postby Foleor » April 15th, 2007, 3:00 am

Well at the first tutorial on the site it sais:

There are several applications available to you for creating PSD files.

* Adobe Photoshop
* GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)
* Paint Shop Pro

So I think they know allready. But he also sais Paint Shop doesnt work, so i'm not sure.
Yay for skinning!
Foleor
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » April 15th, 2007, 5:05 am

old news really
Gimp is ok but suffers from its buggy and not entirely intuative ui/scripts, its a good free alternative to ps but its let down by the bugs, usage needs to be worked/coaxed on more than if doing same/similar thing in ps (i spose with use it gets more familiar if willing to stick it out that long), no offence to Gimp or its user base
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby SK Originals » April 15th, 2007, 4:45 pm

I have an idea what you mean SLoB. I'm a long time PS user (longer then I ca to admit too) but I have heard of others using Gimp with some 'success' anyway. I personally just can't imagine using anything other then PS and Illustrator (which many preffer to use Coral). But, if there is a free owrkable option and someone doesn't mind figuring it out the all the power to them.
SK Originals
Xion Supporter

Return to General Skin Discussion