Xion Audio Player

flickering vol animation help me!!!

Skinning Questions, Suggestions and Ideas

Postby ALAS » April 16th, 2007, 10:56 pm

i made an animation where frame is set on right speaker volume (4). now the animation is running completely flickering, with frames where you can see the background as if the animation was not synchronized to the graphic card or something like this. I tried different variations of delay but couldn´t manage it. Is there a way to synchronize it and (!) to "smoothen" the volume values to get the animation smoother and not that hectic? Another thing is that obviously when the speaker vol has the value 0, you don´t see frame one but no frame at all. Think that wouldn´t be a problem when all following frames would hide the first one, then i could just leave it visible, but thats not possible in my case. please help me!!
:(
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby pickle » April 17th, 2007, 12:20 pm

How many layers do you have in the animation set? A low number might account for the flickering (especially if you've got a song with varying volume).

Not sure why you can see the background - I don't recall that ever happening to me.

I'm not quite sure what your last problem is - with the frames not being visible. Could you elaborate?
pickle
Xion Admirer

Postby SLoB » April 17th, 2007, 5:52 pm

y either post the skin or (the loops and a few background images into a new psd)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby ALAS » April 17th, 2007, 9:47 pm

pickle:

12 layers...

pickle Wrote:I'm not quite sure what your last problem is - with the frames not being visible. Could you elaborate?

sorry that was really confusing- i ment : when vol is at 0 (for example fade-in or out of a song) no frame is visible- not even frame one, what i would expect normally. hope you can understand :?

SLoB: to post it is a good idea. It is really a very early version so where can i post it (i don´t have a website)?
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » April 17th, 2007, 10:11 pm

you can mail it to me, ill check it out
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby pickle » April 18th, 2007, 9:50 am

Sorry - I don't have an answer to either of your questions :(

As far as I can tell - you shouldn't be having those problems. I never have with skins similar to what you describe.

Hopefully ~SLoB can help - he pokes around with this stuff more than I do.
pickle
Xion Admirer

Postby SLoB » April 20th, 2007, 4:35 am

got your mail ALAS

its fixed as far as i can tell, altho didnt do that much, will mail u, neat idea btw :)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby ALAS » April 20th, 2007, 10:25 pm

Hey SLoB, thanks a lot for your help! :D So the main reason was that i use build 58. I use it cause i wanted to skin for the version that (as I thought) most people use. Now I know better. Thanks also for opening my eyes for some more things too! Now I know :

a) why Cliff wanted to change some things in my tactual… skin. For reasons that his corrected version didn´t do in build 58 I asked him to keep it as I made it but I didn´t know it really does not work in build 81 (so i will update it)

b) why Kev-O was wondering when i said there is something wrong with his skin overdrive2 (sorry)

I should have checked that up before. Thanks SLoB you brougt me closer to THE TRUTH
(Don´t worry i won´t appoint you my guru...)

pickle: thanks also to you for trying to help me
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
ALAS
Xion Fan

Return to General Skin Discussion