Xion Audio Player

loadinterface for animetions?

Skinning Questions, Suggestions and Ideas

Postby ALAS » July 2nd, 2007, 6:50 am

I´d need the command loadinterface for the last frame of an (extro-) animation.

Seems to me it´s only working in combination with a button....

someone an idea..

otherwise: urgent feature request
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » July 2nd, 2007, 7:01 am

looks like you want same as action_app_close but for load
also depends on when u want to release the skin
do you actually need to really load a new interface?
if its for colour variations work them into the main display rather than create seperate psds
or if its for an actual layout change then looks like a request, albeit should be simple to add that i reckon, looks to be similar implementation

probably something Cliff might have gotten round to adding more buttons to the object functions

hmm can you not play the animation on load of the new layout? which would look similar depending on what it was
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Cliff Cawley » July 2nd, 2007, 6:07 pm

ALAS Wrote:I´d need the command loadinterface for the last frame of an (extro-) animation.

Seems to me it´s only working in combination with a button....

someone an idea..

otherwise: urgent feature request

Hi ALAS,

Can I ask why this is an urgent feature request? Send me a PM or email me if you like and I'll see what I can do.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby ALAS » July 2nd, 2007, 7:18 pm

this is what I wanted to make (for a layout cange not color):
-button starts animation
-animation plays, starts with some commands (aclahide) to fit to the first frame of animation (regardless which indicators and so are active atm)
-animation runs until the new interface (different look) should be loaded (not possible)
-interface2 starts with last frame of interface1 , then indi layers and so are shown (no problem)

these are the alternatives that I made (think that´s what SLoB suggested)

A) put it all within one interface: works, problem: LOTS of layers, LOTS of CPU power (I think)

B) put animation at the beginning of interface2, works but again LOTS of (redundant) layers, just to fit to interface1 (e.g. all indi layers of interface1). If I could at least hide the indi layers in interface1 before switching to interface2 it would be a lot of layers saved

well feature request, because, as you see it can be handeled but with loadinterface as a command in animations skins could be made more economic

P.S: will choose alternative A...
ALAS
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » July 2nd, 2007, 11:43 pm

ALAS Wrote:this is what I wanted to make (for a layout cange not color):
-button starts animation
-animation plays, starts with some commands (aclahide) to fit to the first frame of animation (regardless which indicators and so are active atm)
-animation runs until the new interface (different look) should be loaded (not possible)
-interface2 starts with last frame of interface1 , then indi layers and so are shown (no problem)

these are the alternatives that I made (think that´s what SLoB suggested)

A) put it all within one interface: works, problem: LOTS of layers, LOTS of CPU power (I think)

B) put animation at the beginning of interface2, works but again LOTS of (redundant) layers, just to fit to interface1 (e.g. all indi layers of interface1). If I could at least hide the indi layers in interface1 before switching to interface2 it would be a lot of layers saved

well feature request, because, as you see it can be handeled but with loadinterface as a command in animations skins could be made more economic

P.S: will choose alternative A...

Ah, yes, was just asking why it was so urgent ;)

I've actually just added the code to support this. Its been updated in the online documentation in the layer reference chart, and will be in the next Beta Build.

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby ALAS » July 3rd, 2007, 12:52 am

Cliff Cawley Wrote:
Ah, yes, was just asking why it was so urgent ;)
yeh, shure.. well urgent...
was also replying to SLoB :wink:

Cliff Cawley Wrote:I've actually just added the code to support this. Its been updated in the online documentation in the layer reference chart, and will be in the next Beta Build.

:D :D
ALAS
Xion Fan

Return to General Skin Discussion