Xion Audio Player

Animation Help

Skinning Questions, Suggestions and Ideas

Postby RV Arts FX » August 3rd, 2007, 5:08 am

I have an animation containing four frames. How do i put those frames together and apply it to my skin? (keywords, order ect.)
RV Arts FX
Xion Supporter

Postby pickle » August 3rd, 2007, 7:20 am

Put all those frames (layers) in a layer set, then look at the "Animation Sets" section of http://xion.r2.com.au/index.php?page=layerref

The tutorials run through how to make animations too.
pickle
Xion Admirer

Postby RV Arts FX » August 3rd, 2007, 5:20 pm

Forgive me, but how do you make a layer set? I'm kinda new at this layering thing. I just started learning how to use my layer manager when i discovered Xion. I use PhotoImpact 10 Pro.
RV Arts FX
Xion Supporter

Postby skryingbreath » August 3rd, 2007, 5:37 pm

PROTIP: Use Photoshop.
skryingbreath
Xion Admirer

Tip

Postby RV Arts FX » August 4th, 2007, 3:11 pm

Thanks for the tip. Now how do you make a layer set?
RV Arts FX
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » August 4th, 2007, 10:19 pm

it has layer management within it, does that not have some help files/pages on layers and possibility of creating a layer set?
it also has object management for more 3d type stuff but that might not help?

remember that Xion has been designed with PS7, so other image editing software should comply with Photoshop rules/layers in order for you to create layer sets

if its for creating vu's and you don't have layer sets as an option then you could use the layer based approach with the respective keywords, a workaround for not having that feature
for general neatness of the layers etc its great to put them into sets to reduce the layer stack but not essential
for utilising some of the toggle type features then layer sets are the only things you can use although you could workaround those by showing/hiding layers based on which button/mode is pressed to simulate the toggling

as skry said PS is the way to go, we all tend to use it as it is the industry standard and pretty much the best there is, anyways...
we won't go into the why of using anything else anymore but as long as it supports psd format for the now then hopefully it should support layer sets, if it doesn't then your going to have to workaround those issues or buy PS ;)
I'd hazard a guess that they most likely wouldn't have left layer sets out considering all the other stuff it does, as no-one here really uses PhotoImpact your best initial hope for anything relating to the way it works is its help pages to guide you, we can only offer the main ways PS does things or try to be generic in somethings

hope some of the above helps tho :)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby RV Arts FX » August 5th, 2007, 4:50 am

Thanks SLoB. This helps. My PhotoImpact dose support PSD. I'll have to look for that layer set feature. I'm sure it's there, i just haven't found it. It has taken me a long time to get used to PhotoImpact. I have been using it for three years now. I hate to start all over to get use to another program. :)
RV Arts FX
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » August 6th, 2007, 12:43 pm

RV Arts FX Wrote:Thanks SLoB. This helps. My PhotoImpact dose support PSD. I'll have to look for that layer set feature. I'm sure it's there, i just haven't found it. It has taken me a long time to get used to PhotoImpact. I have been using it for three years now. I hate to start all over to get use to another program. :)

It may be called 'folders' or 'sets' or 'groups' or something similar. I've never use PhotoImpact but basically its a way of grouping several layers together. In photoshop they all appear under the same folder/set

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby RV Arts FX » August 9th, 2007, 3:34 pm

Ok, i see it. When i select more than one layer and then right click on them, i see the word group. I will give this a try. Thanks Cliff. :)
RV Arts FX
Xion Supporter

Postby RV Arts FX » August 11th, 2007, 2:42 am

That didn't work. I guess i don't have the layer set feature. You mentiond that i could just use the basic layering with the keyword. Say i have a animated vu meter that the needle reacts to the music. What line (keywords) do i add to each image to make them work?
RV Arts FX
Xion Supporter

Return to General Skin Discussion