Xion Audio Player

A question please

Skinning Questions, Suggestions and Ideas

Postby Quore » December 18th, 2007, 2:12 pm

I have a question.
I'm wondering if there is a way for me to male a sort of button that when hit will open up a previously invisible window?

Like, sort of like a drop down thing if you were to right click but work for left click.

Sorry if this is confusing. D:
Please help
Quore
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » December 18th, 2007, 2:54 pm

Quore Wrote:I have a question.
I'm wondering if there is a way for me to male a sort of button that when hit will open up a previously invisible window?

Like, sort of like a drop down thing if you were to right click but work for left click.

Sorry if this is confusing. D:
Please help

There sure is.

Check out the Layer Reference Guide here -> http://xion.r2.com.au/index.php?page=layerref

You use the keyword 'button'. You then combine it with modify() and then action_layer_show

so it will look something like:

button_normal modify(someid) action_layer_show

someid would be the id of a player as determined by an id(someid) tag.

Check out the Tutorials for more :)

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Quore » December 19th, 2007, 10:11 am

Okay, thanks.

Never mind now, I've finally gotten it to work. :P
I'm excited.
Quore
Xion Supporter

Postby xSmokechecKx » January 2nd, 2008, 7:57 am

I am just beginning my skinning adventure, and am very curious. The modify (someid) ...... what exactly is the someid? How he is talking about hidden windows and such makes me want to dig deeper. I pretty much have the graphics thing solid..... but the programming type things is where i need practice and work. I have the xion command list.... but feel there is more. Any help to clarify the lil things it doesn't show... such as where to put the animtype (6) command in the animation group to show my volume bars to increase with the music.... or what is a tooltip (x)'s function..... or a snaprectangle? I am also confused as to what the object layer commands do..... and how to keep the track to stop scrolling. These r just the beginning of my questions.. haha, but they will help a ton. Thanks for the help!

Very respectfully,
Smoke :P
"The power of the mind is a treasure... use it how you see fit"
xSmokechecKx
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » January 2nd, 2008, 8:16 am

welcome to the xion forum :)

basically they are keywords which will go into the layer name, if you edit the layer name direct from the layer palette then u wont get enough characters in for somethings, just right click layer, properties and then u can access the layer name where it will accept more chars

so basically an animated layer
animation animtype(6) id(myanim)

you can then toggle it with a button to play/stop with a button toggle in the sticky thread

tooltip does wot it says on the tin
tooltip(hovering over this layer shows this message)

snaprectangle is the area u want the skin to snap to regardless of its boundaries, make it white and invisible on the layer palette, xion will treat it as a snap area
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby xSmokechecKx » January 2nd, 2008, 8:30 am

Alrighty, so i understand the tooltip thingy now.... :). As for the snaprectangle... what snaps where? i am still new. :( And the animation layer.... i have my visual volume level bas that i want to grow as the volume gets louder and decrease as the volume decreases. How do i do that? I put "animation animtype (6)" in the group name..... however, it just does a repeating animation. Thax for the help SLoB

Very respectfully,
Smoke
xSmokechecKx
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » January 2nd, 2008, 8:07 pm

as a quick test for the animation try adding a simple bar, 1 layer and use any of these depending on orientation in the skin

vumeterbasslr Bass VU Meter slider, Left to Right 1.0.84
vumeterbassrl Bass VU Meter slider, Right to Left 1.0.84
vumeterbasstb Bass VU Meter slider, Top to Bottom 1.0.84
vumeterbassbt Bass VU Meter slider, Bottom to Top 1.0.84

that should move with the bass, those are often the easiest to implement and can still look cool

snaprectangle, i suggest you play with it, that way you will grasp it a lot quicker, basically put in a white square as a bottom layer called snaprectangle, make this square/rectangle any size you want, perhaps make it bigger than the skin for example, and watch Xion snap to that shapes boundaries, then adjust as necessary, you only need to use this if you want to snap the skin differently to its default (you do not need to use that layer if you don't want to)

for your animation it depends on what you have put in there, any probs then you can send the skin to me and ill check it out to see whats up
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby xSmokechecKx » January 2nd, 2008, 8:35 pm

Awesome SLoB....... that helps alot. I also opened up the default.zip file and saw how that one was created, how the layers meshed... and how the syntax was used. It is awesome. I just accelerated my learning. Is there a way to open other XSF files so i can see how the super complicated skins were constructed? just for ideas alone...... it is cool to see how everything comes together. Thx for the help again buddy!

Very respectfully,
Smoke
xSmokechecKx
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » January 2nd, 2008, 11:24 pm

cool :)

yep xsf files are just zip files

any fonts you put in ther and reference in the skin text layers will be used
psds are in the xsf

so just extract to interface folder and load up in ps

if your looking at some of my skins for ways I've worked around things then its not for the faint of heart heheh ;)
but looks as though you want to learn this tho :)
if your looking to implement rgb type stuff then checkout most of my skins, better to add it to a single psd rather than multiples if just going for colour variations, its easier and less maintenance

also checkout the sticky thread for some tricks
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby xSmokechecKx » January 3rd, 2008, 12:48 am

So i can unzip xsf files so i can see the psd files? just wanted to make sure i got that right. :P Right now... i am working on my second skin... and it is looking pretty good. I am soooo excited. haha. Thanks again SLoB

Very respectfully,
Smoke
xSmokechecKx
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » January 3rd, 2008, 1:27 am

aye :)

remember quality over quantity rules ;) heheh
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Return to General Skin Discussion