Xion Audio Player

Couple nub questions

Skinning Questions, Suggestions and Ideas

Postby Minos » December 19th, 2007, 3:06 pm

Firstly, I did have enough sense to do a search for these questions :P.

Secondly, SLoB, and the rest of the guys at Skin Consortium rock. Keep on keeping on.

On to the questions!

A) Am I correct in noticing that the visualisation does not react to tranparencies? What I mean is, rather than having the sharp lines across the top and bottom that scream "I'm in a box!," I created a foreground-to-transparent gradient, with the hopes that the top and bottom would gradually fade. No dice.

B) I know this is just a stupid syntax thing (isn't it always?), but I'm having a helluva time with my indicators. Seems to be a common trend. I've tried two setups:
--------------------
play_over
play
play_down

and

play_down
play
play over
-------------------------

play is the only visible layer.

Now, I'm 98% sure the first is correct, but the destruction happens when I add indi_play to the _down state. Doesn't react to the indicator. The second one works, but the _over state doesn't occur. I kind of expected that reaction, but I don't want to force a solution.
Disconcerting concertos
Waltzing within my mind
As the spectral symphony
Paints portraits for the blind...
Minos
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » December 19th, 2007, 8:10 pm

Hey Minos, Welcome to the Xion forum :)

Thanks, all the guys at SC rock :) we have little time nowadays though heh :)

A) yes correct, I see no real reason why it shouldn't support transparency, however, it was never a concern in previous builds
what you could do to workaround it is to add layer(s) over the top that could have a gradient fade in and use them as a mask, obviously the vis can be any shape so you can adapt the shape to suit your area, also don't put too many layers on top as it would need to redraw the whole lot on top, depending on how you introduced the vis, it would then take on a shape and fade

B) checkout my small thumb skin on the skins page, it shows the indicators quite clearly, they can be a bit fiddly to begin with and its always good to reference things once in a while, looking at those layers you should find it real easy to see it working

normal layer order is (and only play_normal layer is shown in psd, the others are hidden)
play_over
play_normal
play_down

basically
pause_normal indi_play
play_normal indi_pause
and also play_normal indi_stop

even if u don't have a stop button u still need to put in the play in case the track is stopped by other means, then a play button will still show
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Return to General Skin Discussion