Xion Audio Player

layer hierarchy chart

Skinning Questions, Suggestions and Ideas

Postby xonenine » February 13th, 2008, 10:37 pm

Hi SLoB, I was wondering, could some kind of layer hierarchy reference chart go up alongside the layer name reference chart. Regardless of what I could "make" work, I'd really like to learn the best way...

thanks, xonenine.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby SLoB » February 14th, 2008, 5:05 am

hey xonenine

hmm, big task to do that, what were you trying to accomplish with what you are working on?
we could add stuff in time, there is also a wiki which has some things on it (more of a mirror of the skin tutorials atm tho)

you can do lots of things within animation sets if you wanted to get clever with the logic but depending on how you want to structure it per skin depends on what you put in it.

for some layers its self explanatory, but then you have some of the cool things that are beyond the chart so those could have some kind of picture

if you can explain what you would like to do with your task i'm sure it could be explained on how to do it, unless some of the other guys have time to put something up asap then it will take some time and I have no time for skinning atm but more than willing to help you with a task in the meantime
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Return to General Skin Discussion