Xion Audio Player

Cannot Load Some Skins...

Skinning Questions, Suggestions and Ideas

Postby Darkness123 » November 16th, 2008, 7:09 pm

Hey guys...

I'm brand new to the Xion Concept. Just downloaded the player and some skins(well, quite a few actually). Most of them I can load from the menu.

Some others e.g Wraith, I cannot load...When I click it , it only allows me to view it..Why is that happening?

I would really appreciate your help here... :(

Thanks in advance..
Darkness123
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » November 16th, 2008, 8:15 pm

For optimal skin usage, use the stable release, which is currently build 100.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Cliff Cawley » November 16th, 2008, 9:56 pm

Darkness123 Wrote:Hey guys...

I'm brand new to the Xion Concept. Just downloaded the player and some skins(well, quite a few actually). Most of them I can load from the menu.

Some others e.g Wraith, I cannot load...When I click it , it only allows me to view it..Why is that happening?

I would really appreciate your help here... :(

Thanks in advance..

Hi Darkness123,

First of all, are you using build 100? (Right Click, About Xion)
How did you install the skins?
When you say that Xion only allows you to view it, what do you mean?

If you could list step by step what you're trying to do, that would help to so we can see where you're going wrong.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Darkness123 » November 16th, 2008, 9:58 pm

I donwloaded from Xion's homepage...Isn't that the latest build?....Yes..I checked...its the 100..

I've solved it....After the window shows "View skin", you can actually load it...The load button bcomes active..

Thanks alot Logokas man... :wink:

---------
Darkness123
Xion Supporter

Postby Darkness123 » November 16th, 2008, 10:19 pm

Hi Cliff !

Re to Cliff: When I download I save to the "downlods" folder...Then copy paste to "C:\ProgramsFile\......\Xion\Interfaces"

Right click on the Xion player...Change skin...the window pops up with all the skins.....Some of them when I choose them, they dont acvtivate the load button...Instead they activate a "View" button(tab, in the same window)....I go to view them and then when I choose them THEN the load button activates....Thats the story...

Solved it now...Thanks a lot Cliff...Cheers mate...

P.S. Are u really THE MAN Cliff?
Darkness123
Xion Supporter

Postby Lance » November 17th, 2008, 2:43 am

Darkness123 Wrote:Hi Cliff !

Re to Cliff: When I download I save to the "downlods" folder...Then copy paste to "C:\ProgramsFile\......\Xion\Interfaces"

Right click on the Xion player...Change skin...the window pops up with all the skins.....Some of them when I choose them, they dont acvtivate the load button...Instead they activate a "View" button(tab, in the same window)....I go to view them and then when I choose them THEN the load button activates....Thats the story...

Solved it now...Thanks a lot Cliff...Cheers mate...

P.S. Are u really THE MAN Cliff?

That seems like a rather lengthy way to install a skin :shock: You can just download the skin and double click the .xsf to install it, no folder jumping required.

P.S. Yeah, Cliff really IS THE MAN 8)

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby Darkness123 » November 17th, 2008, 5:23 am

The thing is, Lance, that the files are being downloaded as .zip to my pc.....I don't want to rename them ( to . xsf) in case I corrupt them...

P.S. Thank you all for helping me out...I didnt know that Cliff is the creator ..I just saw it on his avatar...Nice of him to be active on the forum... :)

PPS. This is an excellent piece of work....Well done Cliff !!.... and all the guys developing the skins...Keep it up!... :wink:
Darkness123
Xion Supporter

Postby OfficerMike07 » November 17th, 2008, 5:48 am

Darkness123 Wrote:The thing is, Lance, that the files are being downloaded as .zip to my pc.....I don't want to rename them ( to . xsf) in case I corrupt them...

Then get your skins from here instead of deviantART... they're a pain with that .zip renaming business. Basically every Xion skin that can be found elsewhere will be posted on this site as well. If not, don't be afraid of renaming; you won't corrupt it (I've done it dozens of times without problems).

Darkness123 Wrote:P.S. Thank you all for helping me out...I didnt know that Cliff is the creator ..I just saw it on his avatar...Nice of him to be active on the forum...

How else is a developer supposed to find out the wants/needs/problems of his users?
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby Darkness123 » November 17th, 2008, 6:22 am

Hi OfficerMike07,

I downloaded all of the skins from this site...They come down as .zips...This has happened to me also with some .jars in the past....I could see them only as .zip, not only after downloading them , but from the beggining of the pop-up window with the download dialogue..

Re to : "How else is a developer supposed to find out the wants/needs/problems of his users?"

Well, don't say that :) ....Not everyone does it...Alot of people who develop software "suddenly" become "General Managers" and dont spend their time speaking with.....us...the common people....Nice of Cliff to take the time to be active... :)
Darkness123
Xion Supporter

Postby OfficerMike07 » November 17th, 2008, 7:10 am

Darkness123 Wrote:I downloaded all of the skins from this site...They come down as .zips...This has happened to me also with some .jars in the past....I could see them only as .zip, not only after downloading them , but from the beggining of the pop-up window with the download dialogue..

That's strange... what operating system are you using? Also, which web browser?

Darkness123 Wrote:Well, don't say that :) ....Not everyone does it...Alot of people who develop software "suddenly" become "General Managers" and dont spend their time speaking with.....us...the common people....Nice of Cliff to take the time to be active... :)

Indeed, thank you Cliff
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby Darkness123 » November 17th, 2008, 7:13 am

Win Vista 32-Home Premium..and IE7.. Strange ah?...all the skins come down to me as .zips.... :)
Darkness123
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » November 17th, 2008, 7:53 am

there's your problem right there, IE7 heheh, use a decent browser ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Cliff Cawley » November 17th, 2008, 7:59 am

In Vista it seems microsoft have decided to not trust the extension and instead check the file contents. So since a .xsf is actually a .zip file it decides it wants to rename it :)

When you save it, just rename to .xsf Then launch it when its downloaded and Xion should ask you to install it.

I'll see if there's a way to get IE7 to stop renaming it.

I do try to be as active as possible, I just code Xion in my spare time though, so I can't be here 24/7 ;)

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby SLoB » November 17th, 2008, 8:03 am

you might be able to add it to the mimetypes Cliff
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby OfficerMike07 » November 17th, 2008, 8:11 am

Ah indeed, that is the problem... I prefer Firefox and its infinite extensions
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Next

Return to General Skin Discussion