Xion Audio Player

a walking player

Skinning Questions, Suggestions and Ideas

Postby xonenine » November 27th, 2008, 12:49 pm

In thepast few months I've been thinking about a walking player. I envision a set of say 4 or 6 animations, which will run, then call a new set of possible animations on the order of 16 animations or so, then the 16 will loop back to the start position. Any thoughts on this? Also, is there anything I can do to a: constrain the player to the screen, and b: constrain the skin to load in the center of the screen.
have fun, xonenine.
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Lance » November 28th, 2008, 2:08 am

Well firstly to open in the center of your screen, do this: Open the Xion Config and the Plugins tab. Enable and open the Shimmer Interface. Click "Reset Window Position" to set the player to the center of the screen. And since Xion automatically remembers it's screen position on load, it will load in the center each time.

Constraining within the screen edges? Well I don't think you can do that but seen as it snaps to the edge, I would have thought that would be enough of an indication of if it's going too far out of the screen. Not entirely sure where you're going with this so my answers probably suck ass :)

And the walking animation. I was with you until you said "16 animations or so, then the 16 will loop back to the start position". I mean I understand what you said, but I'm failing to see the point. I mean, what will this achieve? What's the animation of? How is this a new idea?

EDIT: I just realized you said a "walking player". Now, am I right in interpreting that as a player that moves accross the screen? That would be rather funky...

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby logokas » November 28th, 2008, 2:45 am

There is no internal syntax for Xion that would allow the skin itself force a centering?

That would be very useful for fullscreen players.. I'll have to look at the docs and then make a request if it's not available. Maybe a simple 1 pixel layer would do it.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

re

Postby xonenine » November 28th, 2008, 4:22 am

yes, it will physically walk, as well as several r/c cars and copters and planes that people will be able to play while listening. Look out for a Mugen player too, although without collision alot of it will be animated, although all the players can still be chosen and make their moves...
xonenine
Xion Freak

Return to General Skin Discussion