Xion Audio Player

Xion Video Playback - Need That Much.

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby wii.live07 » February 22nd, 2009, 5:33 am

I am new to this forum but I am just finding my way around. I love Xion but I really want it to play video formats too. Example, AVI, MPG, MPEG, WMV, FLV and many more, just like VLC and Winamp. I hope that the creators of the software will see it fit to add video playback. It really is a great piece of work bu video content, on or offline is on the rise. It would be a plus for Xion to work with that.

Thanks and someone please reply to this question and help.
wii.live07
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » February 22nd, 2009, 6:15 am

Welcome to the Xion forum wii.live07

I know your new but we have a reasonably good search tool on the forum ;)

Xion will not be doing video anytime soon, atm its strictly audio, not sure what Cliff has in mind for video yet.
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby logokas » February 22nd, 2009, 10:09 am

I will curse the day and set the Church of Xion on fire, when video playback is put into Xion.

I wouldn't mind ANOTHER application by Cliff, that was called Xion Video Player, though. Same concept, different use. I'm okay with that.

But absolute no-no to adding video support to the current one.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby djinn2 » February 22nd, 2009, 3:57 pm

I wouldn't like to see video support added to the core player but it does have plugin support. In fact, the interface itself is a plugin so I can't see the harm in having the option to add what you want if its available.
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby SLoB » February 23rd, 2009, 8:53 am

yea I reckon it will be more of a plugin IF it gets added, it will still need to respond to the main player buttons etc..
but the world doesn't really need another video player
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby xonenine » February 23rd, 2009, 1:51 pm

When all is said and done if there was never video I'd still want to skin Xion.If it keeps it lean to have the video as a standalone app or plugin, well that's just another reason to learn a little c++. xonenine.:)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Jikaru » February 25th, 2009, 1:26 pm

whats wrong with WMP, Winamp, VLC, Quicktime, etc etc theres so many video programs out there already that work just fine why does Xion need to change? I open Xion because its faster...Even if video plugin was made...I wouldn't use it... just my opinion.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Return to Feature Requests