Xion Audio Player

Playlist Background Colour Slider

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby SLoB » April 30th, 2010, 11:11 pm

Thought this was already added but in the new default skin for example using the slider (uses frames to replace the image) on the main skin but the playlist background does not inherit the same colour :(
Where as a more efficient way would be to use 1 transparent(ish) image and change the background colour via code and enable that colour to propagate to child windows so if colour changed on main then playlist, library can inherit.

This would also remove some of the issues I have with the Playlist of not being able to put more than 1 image on top of each other in the playlist sections.

Don't do it for me though ;) Do it cos it's the right thing to do ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Lance » May 15th, 2010, 3:12 am

Hey man.

Although it's not a single layer changing it's colour by code, there IS actually a new special purpose function named "transfer" or "xfer" for short. It allows information to be sent between each PSD file. Cliff created and tested it out with a simple colour theme changer for a main and bar mode simultaneously as I was doing the default skin. Unfortunately, I didn't get around to including it in the default and there isn't a single skin out there that uses it because it was never announced, just added to the help files. Future default updates will have it though, everything will be "syncustomized".

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » May 15th, 2010, 9:19 pm

Yea I knew about that already Lance ;)

The play-list skinning is a bit limited still atm compared to Winamp for example regarding colour themes.
By adding in coded colour change it can really help give skins an extra feature to please a broader user-base as they can change it to suit. Plus not bloat the skin out by working around.
With a transparent set of overlay graphics for example and the coded colour change it would make for a serious addition to Xions already great feature list.
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Return to Feature Requests