Xion Audio Player

proposal, generic event handling

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby Azvareth » February 19th, 2011, 11:34 pm

For example:

Name an empty layer:
event kind(eventtype) [the rest the action to perform]

where eventtype may be: onStop onPlay onPause
and [the rest the action to perform] may be: start animation stop and something...
Peace love and understanding... To all, but...
Azvareth
Xion Supporter

Postby xonenine » February 20th, 2011, 12:12 am

action_object_trigger ought to be able to handle these events...
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Azvareth » February 20th, 2011, 5:24 am

hmmm, the only thing I found was under "Special Purpose" and triggeron_songchange, but that was not what I was searching for...

I have looked in the ref list and found your suggestion under "Object functions"
Trigger Object 1.0.96
Allows you to trigger a Button object as though someone had clicked on it. Use modify(x) before using this.

Keyword: action_object_trigger
Alternate Keyword: acobtrig

as I understood it, it allows one to trigger a play button or equ button as if user pressed that button, however what I was suggesting was something that triggers an event handling when the song stops or the song starts again...

for example you set up an animation loop to start when you start play, then you select pause and have that setup so that button stops the animation, one more press on the pause button starts the playing again but it will not resume animation... (this was a problem and yet unsolvable in the cassette tape I posted last)

Thats the reason for this proposal, event driven handling, if it is possible and the author have time or wish to implement it. If it already is possible this thread could be removed as unnecessary.
Azvareth
Xion Supporter

Postby regener8ed » February 20th, 2011, 12:18 pm

if i'm not mistaken, don't the dj skin(s) already have something similar? that may just be some simple indi_play/indi_pause stuff there.

what it sounds like you're asking for could also likely be handled with some additional buttons -- like using multiple pause buttons: one that's visible during play, and one thats visible during pause; one can trigger acanstop and one can trigger acanplay.
regener8ed
Xion Supporter

Postby Azvareth » February 21st, 2011, 3:22 am

hmmm! I will look into it...

I think I have to create some basic rectangles with play controls and play around with every (un)possible combination available...

Even if it is possible to create a workaround, the other approach (as proposed) could make life itself easier... But I will give a second opinion after I have tried out your suggestion.

//thanks
Azvareth
Xion Supporter

Return to Feature Requests