Xion Audio Player

Multiple Tracks

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby anemovatis » January 8th, 2007, 8:02 pm

Multiple tracks so that you will be able to have the song title and artist name on one line and the year and album title on a second line.

example of commands

trackyear
trackalbum
trackcomments

etc,

The timer can have a similar feature to be displayed as "elapsed" and or "remaing".

example of commands

time_elapsed timeela
time_remaing timerem

In a skin that it uses both timers at the same time the ability to switch the mode by clicking on it should be disabled with an extra command on the time layer.

I hope this features are easy to add and can't wait to see them on the next build.
I Design, I Exist.
anemovatis
Xion Supporter

Postby Harkonenn » January 10th, 2007, 1:04 am

Ahh yes, this has been requested. It's the ability to pull the ID3 info from MP3's - I second this!
Harkonenn
Xion Supporter

Postby UnseenRage » January 10th, 2007, 2:05 am

I second this also!

From Cliff on the .66 build thread:
The problem I have with this at the moment, is how to keep it really simple for the skin designer. Adding playlist support will mean you need ways of specifying bits and pieces that will tile or stretch and the window will have to be resizeable. What would then happen to the Menu system, that would obviously have to be skinnable as well.

Why does this have to be a hardship on newbies? Why can't the program default to the normal playlist if there is not a playlist.psd zipped into the .xsf file? That way if you don't want to skin the playlist module you are not forced.
UnseenRage
Xion Supporter

Postby pickle » January 10th, 2007, 6:33 am

UnseenRage Wrote:From Cliff on the .66 build thread:
The problem I have with this at the moment, is how to keep it really simple for the skin designer. Adding playlist support will mean you need ways of specifying bits and pieces that will tile or stretch and the window will have to be resizeable. What would then happen to the Menu system, that would obviously have to be skinnable as well.

Why does this have to be a hardship on newbies? Why can't the program default to the normal playlist if there is not a playlist.psd zipped into the .xsf file? That way if you don't want to skin the playlist module you are not forced.

....kind of unrelated - no? :?
pickle
Xion Admirer

Postby SLoB » January 10th, 2007, 6:40 am

yes a bit ot but keeping the idea going

another idea i had on the playlist to begin with, rather than putting in a new psd etc for a playlist was to incorporate the playlist into a skin

for example you could have a skin which has a hideable draw, in this draw would sit the playlist which would be mapped out the same as a text layer for example with a square with a coloured fill, the menu the same sort of thing, meaning you could have the menu in a diff colour, fonts would also be a consideration

when the draw is toggled then it shows and the playlist list will show in the square, ok this might mean that the playlist is a fixed width/height without some more jiggling of things but would mean a reasobable sized pl could be incorporated into skins without much additional work

just an idea without going too overboard with a new psd or slicing things up for tiling, we should also be able to overlay other layers on top of the playlist such as a glass layer with passthrough so to still access the pl, also underneath images so you could put in a background or picture, all that would be visible for the playlist is the list text track entries similar to the text layer
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby UnseenRage » January 10th, 2007, 8:50 am

Pickle: I was trying to move the thread to the feature section instead of talking about it in the beta version section. Read the whole thread in the beta version and you will see what I am talking about.
UnseenRage
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » January 10th, 2007, 7:50 pm

UnseenRage Wrote:I second this also!

From Cliff on the .66 build thread:

It's not the hardship on newbies, its the hardship on the designer making the playlist in the first place without scripting or figuring out how to do it all in PSD files

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby anemovatis » January 10th, 2007, 11:12 pm

Any news Cliff on the Multiple tracks ?
I Design, I Exist.
anemovatis
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » January 26th, 2007, 1:20 pm

anemovatis Wrote:Any news Cliff on the Multiple tracks ?

I've just added support for Multiple Tracks. You will see them in build 69 :)

To use them you would call your layers as follows:

Code: Select All Code
track title

or
track artist

etc

You can actually combine a couple in the same string to create custom scrollers, but I don't recommend doing this as you can't dictate the order just yet.

For example:
track title artist year

Will produce something like:
Killing The Right - The Living End - 1996

It won't matter what order the title artist year is in above, the internal ordering is as follows:

Title, Aritst, Album, Year, Genre, Comment.

So like I said, if you do use this, stick to just 1 unless you really don't mind about the order.

Later on the User will be able to customize this themselves.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby HyperCannon » January 26th, 2007, 4:19 pm

Yeay!! Cant wait 8)
HyperCannon
Xion Supporter