Xion Audio Player

Last.fm

Feature Requests and Ideas

Do YOU think this needs some last.fm compatablity(plugin)?

Yeah! It's the only thing that's holding me back!
50%
Yeah man!
25%
Nope.
25%

Total votes : 4

Postby Fragile-Hands » January 15th, 2007, 4:29 pm

last.fm?
kay so i like this program enough to join the forum and inquire into the last.fm component. is anyone planning on making this? if i had the opportunity to learn how to make one, i would. and i'd make it for this. but because there isn't one i'm not using Xion, and i'm thinking of uninstalling it until someone decides on making a plugin or something. just htat bit of compatibility would convince me to use this and only this. actually, i sort of get a thrill when i envision Xion with it. it would be the only media player i would need. could anyone give me a heads up on what they know about this, maybe even some feed back on why there isn't any stir over it, or if you like this idea too. anything? even negative feedback is cool if you give a good reason, cuz then i would understand, but right now all i can say is this needs last.fm. :D
Onticdeus
Fragile-Hands
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » January 15th, 2007, 7:28 pm

thers plenty of other sites that could be linked but its out of our hands until an sdk is produced, i would say that the sdk is probably near the bottom of the list atm, Cliff is busy doing bug fixes getting ready for the next release

any external plugins would need to be done once the sdk is released, so your looking at a while until this is implemented
and it also depends on what metadata you want brought back too and if its got to be skinnable within the psd
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby pickle » January 16th, 2007, 10:53 am

I'd love a plugin like this. However, I mirror SLoB's sentiment that it's probably a long ways off, would be an external plugin, and would only be do-able once the SDK is available.
pickle
Xion Admirer

Postby Fragile-Hands » January 16th, 2007, 4:19 pm

:) alright. i can be patient.
Onticdeus
Fragile-Hands
Xion Supporter

Postby skryingbreath » January 16th, 2007, 4:40 pm

Fragile-Hands Wrote:but because there isn't one i'm not using Xion, and i'm thinking of uninstalling it until someone decides on making a plugin or something.

In all honesty, who cares?
skryingbreath
Xion Admirer

Postby Fragile-Hands » January 16th, 2007, 4:53 pm

hahaha. sorry, i obviously was just being an idiot.
Onticdeus
Fragile-Hands
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » January 16th, 2007, 5:41 pm

Fragile-Hands Wrote:last.fm?
kay so i like this program enough to join the forum and inquire into the last.fm component. is anyone planning on making this? if i had the opportunity to learn how to make one, i would. and i'd make it for this. but because there isn't one i'm not using Xion, and i'm thinking of uninstalling it until someone decides on making a plugin or something. just htat bit of compatibility would convince me to use this and only this. actually, i sort of get a thrill when i envision Xion with it. it would be the only media player i would need. could anyone give me a heads up on what they know about this, maybe even some feed back on why there isn't any stir over it, or if you like this idea too. anything? even negative feedback is cool if you give a good reason, cuz then i would understand, but right now all i can say is this needs last.fm. :D

Hi Fragile-Hands,

I do plan on looking into support last.fm at some stage soon. Depending on the impact it will have on the existing code, it may go in before the next public release, however I can't guarantee that.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Fragile-Hands » January 16th, 2007, 5:44 pm

:) thanks.
Onticdeus
Fragile-Hands