Xion Audio Player

skin author defines vis. setup

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby KEV-O » February 6th, 2007, 2:23 am

Hm, I'm not completely sure how this should work, but certain skins that use the visualisation only look good when the visualisation is set with a certain color and style. I know that traditionally, the user could control the 'viz' but for certain skins where it's almost built-in, it seems like there should be a way to lock it in certain settings. Or maybe I'm just being picky :D
KEV-O
Xion Admirer

Postby djinn2 » February 6th, 2007, 2:52 am

Thats not a bad idea, so long as its implemented well. If a skin author could set the viz options then those settings would have to be reset on each skin change. If not defined then use the defaults. If the viz is defined then would you want the viz options to be locked or just overrode? Maybe an option in the viz to allow a skin to control the settings or not.
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby Cliff Cawley » February 6th, 2007, 6:06 am

I don't think this will really be possible. Currently there is one type of visualization, however that will not always be the case. Visualizations will be made that will look nothing like the current existing one, which is a very simple and basic one. Since visualization will be made using the SDK, there will be limitless opportunities for programmers to produce all kinds of effects, using their own kinds of options.

Therefore I simply think it best that the user has control of these options, especially since skin authors will have no idea what kinds of visualization the user is likely to have installed in the first place.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Return to Feature Requests