Xion Audio Player

[Added: 155] CLI screen position parameters

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby deema » January 11th, 2014, 1:28 am

And, hello again. Cliff, do you have an ETA on even an early build of 155? I am basing the rest of the process on this implementation and there are deviation paths along the way based on how specific elements of integration work. Just a general, broad time frame will be cool, not tryin to pin you down to a day.

And this is quicker so will pose it here... Is there any particular reason that the skins "always' have the actual player image's buttons USED as the buttons? As in instead of a transparent layer just above the location on the WHOLE image? Here's why, I am not trying to make any skins from scratch, that isn't my forte. But, I am going to use product images of some of the musical tools that deadmau5 uses. As I am spending 20 hours a day on this build, and the art editing is what takes 90% of my time, it is hugely quicker to just put a layer over the spot i want for that function and be done with it. I am a paint.net user mainly, not PS and the plugins for PS suck ass, especially when there is any kind of effect involved. I have been using PS for all of these skins, for that reason, and my navigation of the app is not efficient. So if it is just a matter of a cleanly cropped button, Im just gonna do it my way. If there is some performance reason, then I will have to reconsider. Thanks.
Splinter, Anything Can Be Anything

Blood type O Negative, I bleed zeros and ones
deema
Xion Supporter

Postby regener8ed » January 11th, 2014, 1:43 am

deema Wrote:And this is quicker so will pose it here... Is there any particular reason that the skins "always' have the actual player image's buttons USED as the buttons? As in instead of a transparent layer just above the location on the WHOLE image? Here's why, I am not trying to make any skins from scratch, that isn't my forte. But, I am going to use product images of some of the musical tools that deadmau5 uses. As I am spending 20 hours a day on this build, and the art editing is what takes 90% of my time, it is hugely quicker to just put a layer over the spot i want for that function and be done with it. I am a paint.net user mainly, not PS and the plugins for PS suck ass, especially when there is any kind of effect involved. I have been using PS for all of these skins, for that reason, and my navigation of the app is not efficient. So if it is just a matter of a cleanly cropped button, Im just gonna do it my way. If there is some performance reason, then I will have to reconsider. Thanks.

the primary reason is probably for animation and visual feedback. it certainly functions to do as you mention, but the visible image would be static, no mouseover or pressed effects.
regener8ed
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » January 11th, 2014, 12:39 pm

deema Wrote:And, hello again. Cliff, do you have an ETA on even an early build of 155? I am basing the rest of the process on this implementation and there are deviation paths along the way based on how specific elements of integration work. Just a general, broad time frame will be cool, not tryin to pin you down to a day.

Any moment now. Just finalizing the new installer tech and merging the last.fm plugin into the main program.

deema Wrote:And this is quicker so will pose it here... Is there any particular reason that the skins "always' have the actual player image's buttons USED as the buttons? As in instead of a transparent layer just above the location on the WHOLE image?

I don't follow what you're asking, sorry.

Cliff
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby logokas » January 11th, 2014, 1:55 pm

I think what he means is that many players use transparent 1% layers to extend the button trigger area so that they're easier to use. This is a convenience method and for elements that don't appear visually big enough to provide a comfortable trigger area.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Lance » January 11th, 2014, 3:43 pm

If that's what he means, I've said it before, but buttons can in fact be 0% and still be clickable.
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby deema » January 12th, 2014, 9:46 pm

regener8ed Wrote:
deema Wrote:And this is quicker so will pose it here... Is there any particular reason that the skins "always' have the actual player image's buttons USED as the buttons? As in instead of a transparent layer just above the location on the WHOLE image? Here's why, I am not trying to make any skins from scratch, that isn't my forte. But, I am going to use product images of some of the musical tools that deadmau5 uses. As I am spending 20 hours a day on this build, and the art editing is what takes 90% of my time, it is hugely quicker to just put a layer over the spot i want for that function and be done with it. I am a paint.net user mainly, not PS and the plugins for PS suck ass, especially when there is any kind of effect involved. I have been using PS for all of these skins, for that reason, and my navigation of the app is not efficient. So if it is just a matter of a cleanly cropped button, Im just gonna do it my way. If there is some performance reason, then I will have to reconsider. Thanks.

the primary reason is probably for animation and visual feedback. it certainly functions to do as you mention, but the visible image would be static, no mouseover or pressed effects.

Ah, yes, good point. I did not consider this.

deema
Xion Supporter

Postby deema » January 12th, 2014, 9:48 pm

logokas Wrote:I think what he means is that many players use transparent 1% layers to extend the button trigger area so that they're easier to use. This is a convenience method and for elements that don't appear visually big enough to provide a comfortable trigger area.

Yes, exactly. Both reasons. Convenient to build and easier to click. This will be my method unless the buttons are/should be animated.

deema
Xion Supporter

Postby deema » January 13th, 2014, 4:48 am

Cliff Cawley Wrote:
deema Wrote:And, hello again. Cliff, do you have an ETA on even an early build of 155? I am basing the rest of the process on this implementation and there are deviation paths along the way based on how specific elements of integration work. Just a general, broad time frame will be cool, not tryin to pin you down to a day.

Any moment now. Just finalizing the new installer tech and merging the last.fm plugin into the main program.

Cliff

This is great news. I don't know how the f I missed this earlier today......

deema
Xion Supporter

Postby deema » January 13th, 2014, 4:58 am

Cliff Cawley Wrote:I've added support for this in Build 155.

Command line options are as follows:
/SetMainPlayerPos=x,y
/SetPlaylistPos=x,y
/SetEqualizerPos=x,y
/SetLibraryPos=x,y
/SetVisualisationPos=x,y
/SetMainPlayerScale=percentage

Cliff :)

Never mind, I got it. Testing now. THanks again

deema
Xion Supporter

Postby deema » January 13th, 2014, 9:37 am

In case it gets missed, I posted a bug report here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3215

The player seems to be repositioned based on a relative setting, not an absolute one. It ends up in a different spot each time depending on the skin and/or possibly the scale of the skin from which it is being switched.

deema
Xion Supporter

Previous

Return to Feature Requests