Xion Audio Player

Rate-My-Songs Feature?

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby KayKasus » July 9th, 2007, 7:11 am

Hi,

i realy do like the xion player. But in fact i would love to rate my files like "3 of 5 stars" ...

Is there a way to do that?

Greetings,

K/\Y
KayKasus
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » July 9th, 2007, 7:19 am

KayKasus Wrote:Hi,

i realy do like the xion player. But in fact i would love to rate my files like "3 of 5 stars" ...

Is there a way to do that?

Greetings,

K/\Y

Hi K/\Y,

I'm hoping to add support for this in an upcoming version. I will post here when its in :)

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby KayKasus » July 9th, 2007, 7:26 am

thank you very much! :)
KayKasus
Xion Supporter

Postby KayKasus » August 15th, 2007, 11:08 pm

Hi,

its me again! :) Did you start working on the rate-my-song feature??? I realy do look forward since the last post! :) ... Please please release this feature!

I thought about a tag-entry like "%rating%" an the 5 stars!
KayKasus
Xion Supporter

Postby Shadeclan » May 22nd, 2010, 7:42 am

I just stumbled onto the Xion player today - it seems to be a very beautiful, well designed player. However, the Rate-My-Song feature is very important to me and is missing from nearly every other player except Windows Media Player. If you will make the rating feature easy to access - just a panel with 5 stars on the interface, click on the appropriate star - and if you will please use the rating field that is used by Windows Media Player (RATING WMP) so that people don't lose all their rating information you will be head and shoulders above every other player out there!

By the way, it would probably be a great idea to write to both the RATING WMP field and a separate RATING field so that other players could pick up the information no matter what.

Thanks for creating this.
Shadeclan
Xion Supporter

Postby Shadeclan » May 25th, 2010, 3:39 am

By the way, if you add this feature, you might want to write to both the RATING and the RATING_WMP fields so that it can be read by any application sensitive to ratings. Just a thought.
Shadeclan
Xion Supporter

Return to Feature Requests