Xion Audio Player

Simple needs

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby avok » August 25th, 2007, 6:21 am

ok i just downloaded this player and i must say very nice!! the skin designers have done a very good job. i only have some things i would like to have added throughout time.
1: in the playlist window can we have a sort of filters such as song name and artist, to allow grouping of some sort.
2: the lock in place feature would be very nice!
3: i am not sure but can we get playlist support for skins? if there is sry for asking.

Things i love
1: its just bilt very nice
2: your guys have donea great job on skinning
3:the search is great just would liike a grouping sort of deal
4: the option's window is very nice and simple
great job guys you have replaced my use of winamp.
avok
Xion Supporter

Postby avok » August 25th, 2007, 6:54 am

ohh one more thing in the playlist options it would eb nice to be abel to remove double song entries
avok
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » August 28th, 2007, 12:39 pm

avok Wrote:in the playlist window can we have a sort of filters such as song name and artist, to allow grouping of some sort.

Do you have an example of what you were looking for here? I.e does another player do this? or can you mock up an image that shows what you mean?

avok Wrote:the lock in place feature would be very nice!

Not sure I know what you mean? So that you can't move the window after locking it? Or so that you can attach it to the main player?

avok Wrote: i am not sure but can we get playlist support for skins? if there is sry for asking.

This is something I am looking into for the future. No promises yet as I want to get the skin engine Hardware Accelerated first :)

avok Wrote: Things i love
1: its just bilt very nice
2: your guys have donea great job on skinning
3:the search is great just would liike a grouping sort of deal
4: the option's window is very nice and simple
great job guys you have replaced my use of winamp.

Cheers, thanks for all the positive feedback! :)

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby avok » August 28th, 2007, 11:07 pm

alright to asnwer the first question such as a playlist window and or filters my I.E is winamps ML i pointed an arriow to the "set up" id like. simply allow for a side window of sorts that allow you to maybe set a "playlist" folder to allow the player to show all playlists in that "set" and or default folder" "IE" folder 1 holds 4 nameds playlists and on the playlist window for xion having a side menu that allows you to switch between each playlist with ease. and as for filters i am not sure how hard it woudl be to work out. but making a expanded search bar maybe to allow for when you type in the search bar it allows you to maybe check mark a box that will look the desired adta in only the song title section ect.
http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/5669/123copyqz3.jpg

To asnwer the locing feature. i know i like using a bar form of xion while i play a game "wow" lol and i would liek to have a lock feature that will not allow you to move the player at all. a lot of the skins are beautiful that you guys ahve made and id like a way to place my player in one place and keep it there no matter what so i can organize my desktop so i can always see it yet wont move it while im doing other stuff.
avok
Xion Supporter

Postby avok » August 29th, 2007, 9:55 am

also what would it take for an action that when i add a folder to a playlist it only addes the files not already in the playlist? "just an idea"
avok
Xion Supporter

Return to Feature Requests