Xion Audio Player

Scrolling text and more shorthand names

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby Mark_McQ » September 24th, 2007, 1:03 am

Would it be possible to have string added to allow the track name text to be set to scroll regardless of wether it's fully displaying or clipped?
Also, could we get some more shorthand commands for some of the existing longer one, such as passthrough and moveable, for example. Found myself running out of space a few times in the layer names.
Mark_McQ
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » September 24th, 2007, 4:59 am

if you right click on a layer and select properties you will be able to add more text to the layer rather than just clicking in the layer text area, that might solve your issue but yea it doesnt hurt to add more shortened versions of existing functions
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Halonut1 » September 24th, 2007, 7:12 am

Lol. a 1337 xion.

"NxT. Pr3v1os" XD!!

that would be nice though, i keep forgetting theres a z in "equalization" XD
Yo...
you can find all my skins primarily on my DeviantART account.
http://halonut1.deviantart.com/
Halonut1
Xion Admirer

Postby pickle » September 25th, 2007, 10:04 am

Mark_McQ Wrote:Would it be possible to have string added to allow the track name text to be set to scroll regardless of wether it's fully displaying or clipped?

I believe this has been asked before & Cliff was hesitant to put it in. His goal was to make as few behaviours as necessary modifiable. The idea being that skin makers shouldn't be able to change how the player behaves, just how it looks.

I'm not sure what his current stance on this is however.
pickle
Xion Admirer

Postby Cliff Cawley » September 25th, 2007, 1:38 pm

pickle Wrote:
Mark_McQ Wrote:Would it be possible to have string added to allow the track name text to be set to scroll regardless of wether it's fully displaying or clipped?

I believe this has been asked before & Cliff was hesitant to put it in. His goal was to make as few behaviours as necessary modifiable. The idea being that skin makers shouldn't be able to change how the player behaves, just how it looks.

I'm not sure what his current stance on this is however.

Heh, yeah I'm not sure either :D

In this case, where something is covering and you want to force it, it seems silly not to be able to, otherwise the user won't be able to see it anyway.

Tough call i guess. Maybe I can provide it, but the user is always able to override the behaviour

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Return to Feature Requests