Xion Audio Player

Things the player's missing

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby Alai » February 15th, 2008, 11:07 pm

Hi All,

I discovered this player about a month ago, and loved its simplicity and the sound. Thanks for your work Cliff on making the player better.
Excellent skins, too. Thanks to all skin creators!

I'd like to point out a few things which would be great to have in the upcoming versions.
- more hotkeys (support for Clear Playlist, Open File, Open Directory, Open URL, View Track Info, Player Options actions);
- tabbed playlist with the ability to choose where to put added songs/directories - end of existing pl or a new tab;
- ability to choose action on single and double click in tray (Play/Pause or Show/Hide the player) - I'm suggesting this because current realization makes the player pause for a sec if the tray icon's 2clicked to show interface - it really naggs the llama's ass =))
- sorting of the playlist by songs path and their playing time

Other sugesstions might come in later =))

Also, why not use this absolutely gorgeous icon in the player?!

Hope other members can share their own opinion on this. =))
Cheers.
Alai
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » February 16th, 2008, 9:17 am

Alai Wrote:Hi All,

I discovered this player about a month ago, and loved its simplicity and the sound. Thanks for your work Cliff on making the player better.
Excellent skins, too. Thanks to all skin creators!

I'd like to point out a few things which would be great to have in the upcoming versions.
- more hotkeys (support for Clear Playlist, Open File, Open Directory, Open URL, View Track Info, Player Options actions);
- tabbed playlist with the ability to choose where to put added songs/directories - end of existing pl or a new tab;
- ability to choose action on single and double click in tray (Play/Pause or Show/Hide the player) - I'm suggesting this because current realization makes the player pause for a sec if the tray icon's 2clicked to show interface - it really naggs the llama's ass =))
- sorting of the playlist by songs path and their playing time

Other sugesstions might come in later =))

Also, why not use this absolutely gorgeous icon in the player?!

Hope other members can share their own opinion on this. =))
Cheers.

Hi Alai,

Everything you have suggested, I am hoping to add after the current Public Release. Its been almost a year since the last public release so I need to get this build out.

After that I'll be looking at these kinds of Features.

Thanks for listing them out!

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Alai » February 29th, 2008, 8:13 am

One more thing for your list Cliff:
would you please add unicode support for tags (and any other player modules), because whenever I play files with non-Latin letters, I got a weird mixture of symbols in the playlist, absolutely meaningless to me.

Also, I cannot make Xion start playing a song added via Open File or Ctrl+Alt+L. It simply puts the song to the playlist, but I want it to start playing immediately (it happens even if the playlist is empty). Maybe let the user decide on the behavior: whether to overwrite the playlist and start playing at once or only add the song to it (better yet to a new tab).
Alai
Xion Supporter

Postby ALAS » March 1st, 2008, 5:46 am

Alai Wrote:

Why do we skinners have sleepless nights because we want to have all functions within the skin when people only want to have them on f***ing hotkeys? I swear my next skin is an empty psd! ;-)

Now seriously : I second the suggestion of ability to choose action on single and double click in tray, cause that pause or the alternative right click/show Xion is something I never really liked... (just my two cents though it´s planned to be made)
ALAS
Xion Fan

Return to Feature Requests