Xion Audio Player

A couple of feature requests

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby JenSmith » February 25th, 2008, 6:48 am

Just found Xion for the first time this morning. Uninstalled WinAMP a few minutes later; loving it for a basic audio player without all that extra stuff that I never use.

A couple things I wouldn't mind seeing though.

First one is being able to lock the position on screen. I use the default's skin "toolbar mode" that sits right over the Windows taskbar. (Keeping it simple but effective and out of the way) Once in a while I'll accidentally drag the thing out of position. Nothing huge, but a lock toggle would be nice.

The other one is basic cover art support. Nothing huge, no automatic downloading and all that. All my music folders have a coverart.jpg image in them. All I wouldn't mind seeing is the Xion taskbar icon pop up a notification when a new song plays that includes the basic track info and a small image of the cover art, which disappears on its own after a few seconds. Needs to be able to define the name of the cover art image, and make it a toggle of course, as I'm sure not everyone wants that. Maybe the one thing I'm missing from WinAmp (or Exaile from my work desktop, Arch Linux, works the same)

Otherwise it's flawless, great program.
JenSmith
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » February 25th, 2008, 8:35 am

JenSmith Wrote:Just found Xion for the first time this morning. Uninstalled WinAMP a few minutes later; loving it for a basic audio player without all that extra stuff that I never use.

A couple things I wouldn't mind seeing though.

First one is being able to lock the position on screen. I use the default's skin "toolbar mode" that sits right over the Windows taskbar. (Keeping it simple but effective and out of the way) Once in a while I'll accidentally drag the thing out of position. Nothing huge, but a lock toggle would be nice.

The other one is basic cover art support. Nothing huge, no automatic downloading and all that. All my music folders have a coverart.jpg image in them. All I wouldn't mind seeing is the Xion taskbar icon pop up a notification when a new song plays that includes the basic track info and a small image of the cover art, which disappears on its own after a few seconds. Needs to be able to define the name of the cover art image, and make it a toggle of course, as I'm sure not everyone wants that. Maybe the one thing I'm missing from WinAmp (or Exaile from my work desktop, Arch Linux, works the same)

Otherwise it's flawless, great program.

Hi JenSmith and welcome to the Xion Community!

I do hope to implement cover art soon. Initially I will support covert art loaded from the same folder, which is exactly what you were looking for. Thereafter I will support loading the covert art from the Tag information and then hopefully there after I'll support actually downloading it.

The taskbar notification has been suggested before and I'll be looking at implementing this as a plugin so that those interested in such a thing can simply install it into Xion and it will be available to them.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby JenSmith » February 25th, 2008, 10:15 am

Sounds great, looking forward to those additions.
JenSmith
Xion Supporter

Postby Ilko » February 26th, 2008, 2:39 am

nice but Cliff, if you add that don't forget to make it as an option then we could disable it..
Ilko
Xion Supporter

Postby Krakken » February 26th, 2008, 1:53 pm

Ilko Wrote:nice but Cliff, if you add that don't forget to make it as an option then we could disable it..

Cliff Wrote:I'll be looking at implementing this as a plugin so that those interested in such a thing can simply install it into Xion and it will be available to them.
Krakken
Xion Supporter

Postby leadfoot » March 22nd, 2008, 11:54 am

Hmm. Would you have to write it yourself, or could you interface with something like CD Art Display? (http://www.cdartdisplay.com/index.php?categoryid=13) I have also seen precompiled libraries to display it, but I have no idea where I saw that (several years ago.)
leadfoot
Xion Supporter

Postby ALAS » March 23rd, 2008, 7:18 am

leadfoot Wrote:Hmm. Would you have to write it yourself, or could you interface with something like CD Art Display? (http://www.cdartdisplay.com/index.php?categoryid=13) I have also seen precompiled libraries to display it, but I have no idea where I saw that (several years ago.)

CD Art display is something that would in deed be interesting together with Xion. Also thought about that yet...
ALAS
Xion Fan

Return to Feature Requests