Xion Audio Player

Some sound features requesting

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby Joymax » April 17th, 2008, 2:17 am

Hello all Xion fans, hello Cliff, i'd like this player it's perfect for my needs, nice looking, and light. I'm listing on headphones, and sound system sometimes too, you know when using headphones (good one's) you need to make equalizer to suit your hearing :), the Xion eq is perfect but can i request some thing, you know when you put low freq's and bass become to clipping (i think that was the name :P ), it's not a big deal but on some track it's annoying, on other bass is just perfect, so can Xion have some feature like normalizer, or limiter for this thing to make it soft. Thank you :)

sorry for bad english and i hope you will understand what i'm talking about. And keep the good work !!
Xion rlz
Joymax
Xion Supporter

Postby Lance » April 17th, 2008, 4:37 am

I know what you mean man. The bass increase really does distort. I think a good option would be a compressor to keep the output from exceeding 0 db. Of course, it could be toggled on or off. At the moment, the eq is too sensetive. When boosting frequences, you should always have a compressor handy, or a limiter (slightly different but similar effect).

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby Joymax » April 17th, 2008, 5:29 am

Thanks, but you talking about future to be implemented in the player, or some external filters and etc stuff. :?
Xion rlz
Joymax
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » April 17th, 2008, 7:39 am

Hi Joymax,

I'll have to look into this and see what I can come up with for a future version

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Joymax » April 18th, 2008, 3:31 am

Thank you! best regards
Xion rlz
Joymax