Xion Audio Player

record radio streams?

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby SledgeDG » April 19th, 2008, 12:06 am

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if there are any plans to implement the ability to capture/save radio streams with this wonderful small and fast player ?
(perhaps even through an external LAME module)
I usually listen to some good mix stations and somehow miss the ability to record so I could make CDs for my car.

BTW in case there are any plans for localization I would volunteer to do a German lang file.

-DG
SledgeDG
Xion Supporter

Postby dredd » April 19th, 2008, 8:58 am

SledgeDG Wrote:I was just wondering if there are any plans to implement the ability to capture/save radio streams with this wonderful small and fast player ?

Well, I don't believe there are plans to implement this into the player, but it sounds like a good idea for a component (would require some hopping up the SDK, I guess). Anyway, Cliff will tell us what he thinks about it ;)

Still, you can always capture the output of your soundcard. Or, if you want to capture the original stream data there's also plenty of tools out there, VLC player does a god job. Though not as nice and comfortable as Xion, of course ;)
dredd
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » April 19th, 2008, 9:51 am

SledgeDG Wrote:Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if there are any plans to implement the ability to capture/save radio streams with this wonderful small and fast player ?
(perhaps even through an external LAME module)
I usually listen to some good mix stations and somehow miss the ability to record so I could make CDs for my car.

I do hope to allow this in the future :)

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby SledgeDG » April 19th, 2008, 10:51 pm

Thank you for your answers, guys
@cliff: That's GREAT news and I'm looking forward to that. even tho I know it can't be a major concern, it's still a nice feature.

@dredd: I know that there are other players out there, that can do it. But that wasn't the idea. I like Xion a lot and natuarally I would like to use it for all my "audio needs" :wink: . Not having to switch back and forth all the time. I already booted Winamp off my "rig" because I'm completely fine with Xion. (as a matter of fact I think, you should make s/th like the Winamp Startup jingle perhaps like "...Xion...whoops Winamps a** anytime" :lol: :lol: :lol:

-DG
SledgeDG
Xion Supporter

Postby dredd » April 20th, 2008, 4:29 am

SledgeDG Wrote:@dredd: I know that there are other players out there, that can do it. But that wasn't the idea. I like Xion a lot and natuarally I would like to use it for all my "audio needs" :wink: . Not having to switch back and forth all the time.

did get that ;)

SledgeDG Wrote:I already booted Winamp off my "rig" because I'm completely fine with Xion. (as a matter of fact I think, you should make s/th like the Winamp Startup jingle perhaps like "...Xion...whoops Winamps a** anytime" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Winamp? Who's Winamp? :wink:
dredd
Xion Supporter

Return to Feature Requests