Xion Audio Player

Splitting Timer string

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby SLoB » October 6th, 2006, 6:40 am

as requested, the idea behind the timer split is to have exact positions for timer text, this avoids having to add more code to cope with non fixed width fonts for timers that require a bit more precision of where they are placed/changed when timer is active

had a quick thought on the timer, for example
timeR(0/1) - progress/remaining time either "" or "-", the reason to split this is so you could have it in a set place rather than the text shifting to compensate for the additional char
time(hh) - hours
time(mm) - minutes
time(ss) - seconds
for the timer seperator either a default timeSep() which would display the same font in full colon char (or perhaps even a custom char?), if this is not added then its not a hardship to add a text layer with the font, altho to make things a little more dynamic the engine should handle the colon but make it so we can place this in a static place and it never move

dont think we really need to goto milliseconds

if thats done then there is no real need to add force fixed width to the fonts, approx 80% say are not fixed width and are more likely to be bundled with a skin, not sure about other users but i prefer my timer numbers to stay in 1 place like a clock

also if any of those elements are clicked then the whole timer acts as if it was one string and changes the time to either progressed/remaining
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby anemovatis » January 9th, 2007, 7:08 am

I really need that one.
I Design, I Exist.
anemovatis
Xion Supporter

Postby ryushe » March 1st, 2008, 5:08 pm

Another vote for split time strings.
As SLoB suggested, time(h), time(m), time(s) should be enough to get working on some nice split time time skins. Having an optional variable to be able to specify a seperator would be nice, but in most of the cases where split time strings might be used as far as I can imagine, it's not fully needed.
The only caveat I can see with the whole thing is what happens when say time(h) is specified, but the track is not longer than at most 59:59 minutes. Would you still display the 00: in front of the time, or not have it show at all? Personally I would like to see a choice like that as well, in which case it might have to become 'time(h) display' as layername...

First post here btw, after having lurked unregistered for over 1 year now. It's easily my favorite player by some distance :)
ryushe
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » March 1st, 2008, 9:33 pm

Welcome to the forum ryushe ;)
great that you decided to speak up and join, lurkers into members is what is needed, there are always loads of guests on this forum, all it takes is a moment to register and be part of the community, at least then you can have an input to make Xion better :)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Return to Feature Requests