Xion Audio Player

Button sounds on press/hover event

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby SLoB » October 6th, 2006, 6:42 am

keeping those requests in right place ;)

is there any plans on adding sound support for button presses?
there are 2 kinds of user, one who likes button sounds and the other than cant stand it , me personally dont mind
there was a workaround with a flash object in winamp a while back but was thought of as a security risk, but seeing as we could bundle small wav files in the zip was wondering if support for sound on button presses was considered, thoughts anyone?
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Scarebear » October 6th, 2006, 8:49 am

I don't see the purpose for adding sounds to buttons. Wouldn't it just interfere with the sounds you're really after — the music? I've never heard of a feature like this though, so I don't really know ;)
Because skinning should be fun!
http://www.scarebear.org/
Scarebear
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » October 6th, 2006, 9:36 am

well you kno the score, if no music is playing sort of thing you get a blip for hover over etc...
most seen on websites than media players but it doesnt stop people wanting it, its not a biggie, was trying to see who hates it enough to warrant chucking the idea in the bin, but ya never kno ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Scarebear » October 7th, 2006, 7:07 am

If the sounds are played only when there is no music playing it might be a novel idea. But I'm probably the wrong person to ask as I turn all PC sounds off so nothing interferes with my music ;)
Because skinning should be fun!
http://www.scarebear.org/
Scarebear
Xion Supporter

Return to Feature Requests