Xion Audio Player

Nested Animations

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby Lance » June 19th, 2008, 11:23 pm

Hey Cliff.

I have been in a few situations where I would benefit from being able to have animations within animations. For example, instead of having a single layer for each frame, the frames could be seperate animations themselves. Would be top notch if you could consider that. :)

Cheers buddy.

EDIT: I know there are work arounds for this, but that's the point of this request, so workflow is increased and made much easier :)

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » June 20th, 2008, 9:15 am

Lance Wrote:Hey Cliff.

I have been in a few situations where I would benefit from being able to have animations within animations. For example, instead of having a single layer for each frame, the frames could be seperate animations themselves. Would be top notch if you could consider that. :)

Cheers buddy.

EDIT: I know there are work arounds for this, but that's the point of this request, so workflow is increased and made much easier :)

Peace, Lance

Not sure I follow you on this. How would a single frame be represented as an animation? A single frame should be a single frame. How do you see nested animations working?

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Lance » June 20th, 2008, 11:28 am

I'll try and explain with an example.

Lets say you have an animation of a bouncing ball, straight up and down. But then you also want to move that ball left and right while it's bouncing.

Or, take my XDJ skin for another example. The tonearm moves accross the record as it plays, but I wanted the arm to bob up and down ever so slightly at the same time, to simulate bumps in the record.

Does that make any more sense? Lol, sorry if it doesn't. Here's a diagram too, maybe this will help :shock:

> Master Animation Folder
>> Frame 1 (but actually another animation folder)
>> Frame 2 (but actually another animation folder)
>> Frame 3 (but actually another animation folder)

See now? The ability to treat folders as animation frames, so that you can cycle through different animations.

That's the best I can do. If you're still lost, just ignore it. Thanks for your time anyway dude.

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby SLoB » June 20th, 2008, 6:44 pm

another idea would be to have a single image as a movie clip, same as an animated layer in wa, you basically have a strip of frames in a single image which can be cycled, specify the height, width, num frames, speed

a quick workaround to the multiple folders is to make then animtype 1, then on end frame use modify(x) acanplay to play the next animation until you create a loop
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Return to Feature Requests