Xion Audio Player

LastFm or some other

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby Nightbreed » October 7th, 2006, 4:00 pm

It would be cool if Xion had an option, and a button to go with it, to open your default browser to the artist or song title's Lastfm page.
If it aint broke, fix it anyway. You may do it better.
Nightbreed
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » October 7th, 2006, 11:41 pm

lastfm is pretty powerful, so much could be output from Xion if there was feedback from the webservices, altho as usual with these sort of services its done on an account basis, one of the caveats is no more than 1 request per second, hmmm, wonder how long it would take to fill that quota ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Nightbreed » October 8th, 2006, 4:06 am

I wrote a few players in .NET C# and a few widgets that use Last.fm. They didn't require a subscription to do a basic search though.

I would still like to see a windows based music player hook into some sort of data base, like mysql for music libraries. This way... info gathered can be more portable, better maintained and backed up. Amarok also uses this feature and it works quite well.

The way music players are today, is everything is too propitary. If music info was gathered from, say, Last.fm and stored into a dB you could use anything else to access the info.

What would be nice, is, if there skin items made to hold the info gathered. Xion would only have to do is parse certain song info from the site, put most of it into a library and provide skinners with enough things to add to the player's windows.
Nightbreed
Xion Supporter

Postby SLoB » October 8th, 2006, 4:21 am

cool, the basic search would provide more than enough info
will check what comes back as we could probably use in the msdp cover art (which currently uses local folder) for WA aswell as have the amazon query
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby Nightbreed » October 8th, 2006, 6:48 am

beats apples coverart feature that's for sure. Now that needs a subscription just to grab art, unless you're using a 3rd party art grabber.

But I'm supposing that once this player gets some sort of scripting control, all of these features will be doable without the player having to have too much coding itself...
Nightbreed
Xion Supporter

Postby livejamie » December 1st, 2006, 11:12 pm

last.fm support is the only thing keeping me from making this my primary audio player, i'd love to see it included please? :)
livejamie
Xion Supporter

Postby BIG-B » February 20th, 2007, 5:07 pm

I think you mean Audioscrobbler. Audioscrobbler is plugin which send info of your music to example last.fm
BIG-B
Xion Supporter

Postby livejamie » February 20th, 2007, 6:03 pm

yep!
livejamie
Xion Supporter

Return to Feature Requests