Xion Audio Player

Skin Updater

Feature Requests and Ideas

Postby ForceField » July 5th, 2008, 4:10 am

Hi,

I have a lot of feature resquests but I will only talk here about two that I think to be very important.

1-Updater
I noticed several times that skinners makes some updates to their skins after the first release.Yes,we can go to the site and make a sort by last update but what if Xion was able to notify the user than an update is ready for one of his skins(or several).
Better what if Xion was able to tell about new skins....
I think that this can be done by adding a small text file (version.txt) containing the version number into the skin file and Xion will only have to compare it to the one that is on the site!
As for new skins,I think that this can also be done by adding kind of a small 'cookie' that saves the last date a user accessed the Xion skin site and notify of new updated and added skins after this date.
Of course,this updater can be extended for the whole player

2-Track Number
I remember when Sonique was king,that it had a layer that can only displays the track number.Adding this feature to Xion will be also very Cool for the design of the skin:it will be a in a good help for the interface.

:D
ForceField
Xion Admirer

Postby UnseenRage » July 5th, 2008, 3:23 pm

2-Track Number
I remember when Sonique was king,that it had a layer that can only displays the track number.Adding this feature to Xion will be also very Cool for the design of the skin:it will be a in a good help for the interface.

Already done....
number - Forces the display of just the artist. E.g: 'track number'. Can be used in combination with other Track Title Keywords (version: 1.0.89)
UnseenRage
Xion Supporter

Postby ForceField » July 6th, 2008, 6:51 pm

UnseenRage Wrote:Already done....
number - Forces the display of just the artist. E.g: 'track number'. Can be used in combination with other Track Title Keywords (version: 1.0.89)

Thanks For The Tip UnseenRage.
I don't know how I missed this one
ForceField
Xion Admirer

Return to Feature Requests