Xion Audio Player

issue with "aclahide" + bug

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby Ilko » December 12th, 2008, 7:30 pm

the issue :

a normal button layer with his 3 state (_over _normal _down) can't hide itself with a normal click. It needs a double clicks for hiding itself : O

the bug :

also while doing this, at a moment I tryed to set "passthrough" to the "_down" layer and the result is that this last one got stuck on the _down state. Ôo

I'm working on a new skin and cant keep the work cause of the issue. It really disgusted me : S
Last edited by Ilko on December 13th, 2008, 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ilko
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » December 13th, 2008, 4:40 am

Why are you combining passthrough with a _down? You should not do that in the first place!

Passthrough means clicks go through. A _down image signifies a PRESSED BUTTON.

You can't press through a button that's being pressed DOWN.

Get it?
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Ilko » December 13th, 2008, 4:48 am

lol why you think I'm idiot ? I was trying to get the button layer to hide himself by doing anything I could. Thats all.
Ilko
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » December 13th, 2008, 5:02 am

If you don't want people to call you stupid then you'd better make sure you're not doing anything to indicate otherwise.

If you want to hide something, you certainly don't need to use PASSTHROUGH. I mean, it's written in the layer keyword reference chart about what it does!

Ignore mouse events
Ignore mouse events, and don't block them, but allow them to continue to the layer below this one

Keyword: passthrough

To use aclahide, you need to set the layer an ID, and then use modify(x) on whatever you want to use to hide something, where X represents the ID of the layer you want to hide.

I have never used this method before, but all it took me was 5 minutes reading through the LNRC ( Layer Name Reference Chart ).

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Ilko » December 13th, 2008, 5:43 am

I indicated nothing, you thinked that alone. I dont need to be teached, but i'll teach you something :

when you press a bouton layer, the _down layer go up over the normal, thats why i tryed to set it passthrough. Simple logical. And after all that dont change the fact its a bug.

I dont know why you are so arrogant -like I never did any skin or read something-, but before saying anything you shouldnt prejudge.

You turn, Get It ?
Ilko
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » December 13th, 2008, 6:06 am

I'm arrogant by nature to those who don't take enough time to analyze their own actions and immediately claim something is wrong with the program, other than themselves.

The down layer does not go 'up over the normal', it's hidden by default, and when the 'button' is pressed, the down image appears. But, since you added passthrough to that image, you can't click it anymore! I fail to see where the logic here was supposed to be, because now, instead of allowing the button to be clicked again, it clicks what's below it, and for the program, below it is NOT the real play button, but whatever is shown below the button, which is most likely the frame of your interface.

Oh and just to annoy you, i'm going to fix your grammar!

Ilko Wrote:I indicated nothing, you thought that alone. I don't need to be taught, but i'll teach you something :

When you press a button layer, the _down layer goes up over the normal, that's why i tried to set it passthrough. Simple logic(al). And after all that don't change the fact it's a bug.

I don't know why you are so arrogant - like I never did any skin or read something(-), but before saying anything you shouldn't prejudge.

Note: letters in brackets are removed

Have a nice day.
Last edited by logokas on December 13th, 2008, 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Ilko » December 13th, 2008, 6:24 am

lol I knew you ll correct my grammar.. dont you know the cool attitude ? : D

Yes, down image appears, but the thing I dont know is if it just appears over or even hides the normal. And the clicked layer is the normal, not the down right ? So its why I tryed passthrough for the down. I mean, it wasnt an error of me, I just wanted to solve my issue. If you try nothing, you get nothing..
Last edited by Ilko on December 13th, 2008, 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ilko
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » December 13th, 2008, 7:48 am

_normal signifies a normal button

_over signifies the mouseover

_down signifies the button being pressed down

What else is there to get?

Putting a passthrough on normal or down will effectively break your button. That's all that will happen.

Heck, you know what? I'm just going to leave this for someone else to 'solve'.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Cliff Cawley » December 13th, 2008, 7:50 am

Ilko Wrote:the issue :

a normal button layer with his 3 state (_over _normal _down) can't hide himself with a normal click. It needs a double clicks for hiding himself : O

the bug :

also while doing this, at a moment I tryed to set "passthrough" to the "_down" layer and the result is that this last one got stuck on the _down state. Ôo

I'm working on a new skin and cant keep the work cause of the issue. It really disgusted me : S

Hi Ilko,

Yes, it sounds like you've found a bug in that the button can't hide itself, I'll have to look into a fix for it. If you move your mouse off the button, it disappears though, right?

As to assigning passthrough to the down layer, Xion should probably ignore this as it produces something which shouldn't really be possible anyway. Thanks for letting me know!

And logokas, take a deep breath and relax. There's no need to post in the manner you do. We're going to end up with an empty forum if you continue attacking everyone in it. Ilko was just trying other things because the first attempt wasn't working. I could see how he could come to the conclusion that using passthrough might help hide the layer.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby logokas » December 13th, 2008, 8:07 am

Wow..wait, what?

..........Nope. I can't figure out where that comes from.

You win. :<

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Ilko » December 13th, 2008, 9:38 am

Come on logokas, how can you be so sure of the effect of something whereas you didnt even try it ? dont care about if I can be logic or not, I was just trying to find a way, bah..

hey Cliff

No it doesnt disappears, the _down layer simply get stuck on its state and does nothing anymore. But this is for the bug, for the issue I talked about for, the layer needs a double click to hide itself.

I hope this is not because of I use CS3, because of that I already cant use the save_state setting.
Ilko
Xion Supporter

Return to Bugs (Release Build)