Xion Audio Player

[Fixed: 110] Dragging The Trackname Text

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby Lance » March 4th, 2009, 3:11 am

I'm not sure which build this was added so I'm posting this as a bug since it kinda is anyway.

I just now tried the dragging feature of the track text to scroll along it and I've come accross an issue. When there are 2 or more layers (to create drop shadow effects etc), only the top most layer drags and the underlaying shadow text carries on scrolling as normal. This really messes up the visual of the text!

I've been thinking about how to go about fixing this and also came into some issues. If you simply tell it to drag all track layers at the same time, that may cause problems if skins have it displayed in multiple places or track and artist seperate. So I guess you would have to tell it to drag only layers with the exact same title attributes or something. Or perhaps drag the track layer(s) directly below/above it. Hard to explain really but I'm sure you get me.

Peace, Lance
I made the Xion Default skin. Ask me questions and stuff.

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby logokas » March 4th, 2009, 7:24 am

This could be fixed by adding a 'link(x)' variable, where the x represents a letter or number. For example, in Lance's case the layers would be like so:

title track link(T)
title track shadow link(T)

As long as layers bear the same link ID, they would be linked.

The link would go both ways, and whatever input is given to one, is also executed on the other.

Another name for this variable could be 'connect(x)'.

It should only carry input though. Making it also carry variables across layers, or triggers, would cause havoc and mayhem beyond the devastation of dividing by zero.

EDIT: For added human readability, it should be possible to use whatever combination of letters and numbers, thus enabling use of words ( Example: link(track2) )
Last edited by logokas on March 4th, 2009, 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Lance » March 4th, 2009, 7:46 am

Perfect idea logo! And indeed, that would be waaaay beyond dividing zero. Only one person can divide by zero, and that's Chuck Norris.

Peace, Lance

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby OfficerMike07 » March 4th, 2009, 2:25 pm

Lance Wrote:Only one person can divide by zero, and that's Chuck Norris.

Pfft. Chuck Norris can't even divide by one... though I'm sure he divides many things in two with his fists.
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby Lance » March 5th, 2009, 12:42 am

OfficerMike07 Wrote:
Lance Wrote:Only one person can divide by zero, and that's Chuck Norris.

Pfft. Chuck Norris can't even divide by one... though I'm sure he divides many things in two with his fists.

Don't get me started man. Just don't go there...

Back on topic now.

Peace, Lance

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby Lance » March 10th, 2009, 2:25 am

Just want to draw attention to this again. I know, so naughty :twisted:

Peace, Lance

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby OfficerMike07 » March 10th, 2009, 3:53 am

Lance Wrote:Just want to draw attention to this again. I know, so naughty :twisted:

Peace, Lance

Ban! Just kidding!
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 14th, 2009, 2:11 am

Added for build 110. I used the keywords and method suggested by logokas, so for example:

Code: Select All Code
TopLayer track fs(18) link(both)
BottomLayer track fs(18) link(both)

These will both scroll with each other. I just simulate the mouse messages between the two, so if you make them different sizes so that one needs to scroll and the other doesn't, then you'll obviously get strange effects.

Ideally this should only be used on layers that are exactly the same size.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Lance » March 14th, 2009, 2:36 am

Thanks a lot man, that sounds like it will do the job nicely :)

God I love Xion. The features are seriously racking up for Xion 2... :P

Peace, Lance

DeviantArt
Lance
Xion Fan

Postby logokas » March 14th, 2009, 3:33 am

I don't think we'll see a Xion 2 this early yet. Maybe by the end of the year.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Jikaru » March 15th, 2009, 1:37 pm

were still on 1.110 we have somewhere between 990 build options left till 2. 2 will probably be something like zomg video or something major that changes.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby Jikaru » March 26th, 2009, 6:11 am

oh as I was re-reading this thread, would this fix the inactive/active "track" to stay the same, cause currently if you have "track indi_active" and "track indi_inactive" the track only scrolls while it is "active" or focused. Like if Xion window is active only the active will scroll, and when the window goes inactive the track fades to the inactive one but the text is in a different position. So would the text provided by track stay the same if they were linked?
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 26th, 2009, 7:58 am

Jikaru Wrote:oh as I was re-reading this thread, would this fix the inactive/active "track" to stay the same, cause currently if you have "track indi_active" and "track indi_inactive" the track only scrolls while it is "active" or focused. Like if Xion window is active only the active will scroll, and when the window goes inactive the track fades to the inactive one but the text is in a different position. So would the text provided by track stay the same if they were linked?

Hmm actually the linking is currently only used when you drag the item, not when it scrolls normally. I may need to change that slightly. Did you notice it not working in the latest beta?

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby Jikaru » March 26th, 2009, 10:47 pm

It is not that it is not working. It's just a thing that Xion does. Only the shown layer of track will proceed to scroll, so when you switch to a different track it shows the text in a different spot, you can test this on my skin that I sent you XSe7en.psd. I was just wondering if this would allow the text to scroll at the same pace regardless of being active, but I guess not. I have the tracks set to passthrough, because I used to have the progress underneith it. Perhaps you could add the functionality for scrolling objects to have like objects scroll with it? Like any kind of rendered text like the tracks/time...its not that important but in my skin you can see why I would want it. :p
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Return to Bugs (Release Build)