Xion Audio Player

redundant feedback threads

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby OfficerMike07 » March 10th, 2009, 4:03 am

logokas Wrote:The skins page Leave Feedback link doesn't check if a topic for that skin already exists, it just makes a new one.

Seems like something needs to be changed about that...
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby logokas » March 10th, 2009, 5:33 am

I already suggested the skin page donned a guestbook like interface for feedback instead. Cliff's taken it into account and will probably look into alternatives, too.

The current system is, however, difficult to fix, because direct access between the site and the forum database is hard to do. The links are just quick forum tricks, implementing a double check to it is harder than it looks.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby OfficerMike07 » March 10th, 2009, 6:37 am

Ahh, I see...
OfficerMike07
Xion Fan

Location: A house, Lakeland, Florida, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way

Postby xonenine » March 11th, 2009, 1:07 pm

I was so tempted to start one leading to this one...
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Jikaru » March 26th, 2009, 6:15 am

shouldn't be too hard considering you could probably just run a check for specific thread number this one being 1140. So if an admin was to link the thread number to a specific skin then the skin page could check for the number. Skin Consortium does this...perhaps mimic their process for adding projects?
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby logokas » March 26th, 2009, 9:16 am

That means you'd also have to make a topic for every skin, and automate the topic adding process, so that you don't have to do the whole numbering/linking by hand, which ruins the point of the whole thing.

It's easier to merge topics than doing that.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Jikaru » March 26th, 2009, 10:49 pm

over time merging topics gets tedious, if you just update the forums and simulate the process like SC then this becomes less tedious for admins/mods for now mergin is fine but got to update sometime.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Return to Bugs (Release Build)