Xion Audio Player

Can't control Xion when gaming

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby the_man550 » March 27th, 2009, 4:29 am

Hi

This isn't really a bug I think, but it's still annoying and if It can be fixed somehow I'd love that.

Thing is that, when I play some game, any game, I can't control Xion (play, pause etc) with the keyboard, which is a bit irritating.

Is there a way to fix this?

When I use other media players, such as spotify, everything's as normal.

So, anyone?
Thanks
Hellouuuuuuuu
the_man550
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » March 27th, 2009, 6:00 am

This has already been discussed before in a thread that is also on the bug forum. Next time look before you leap.

As for the problem itself, it's still unfixed, but Cliff is looking into solutions.

If you have a solution to provide, please do so.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby the_man550 » March 27th, 2009, 7:39 am

Can you give me a link to that other thread? I frankly can't find it? :O

Hope he'll find a solution soon... but on the other hand, there are bigger problems in this world : )
Hellouuuuuuuu
the_man550
Xion Supporter

Postby Jikaru » March 27th, 2009, 9:37 am

the global hotkeys SHOULD work even with full-screen applications...there shouldn't be a reason why it doesn't. Although if it doesn't it deff is a Xion issue.

Cliff is there a way to get the functionality of Winamp in regards to the global hotkeys functionality?

I haven't tested this myself mostly because I play games in windowed mode so that I can play with the playlist even when im playing a game, but once I get a better computer I may play games in fullscreen mode so I hope this issue can be remedied, if it is indeed a Xion problem.
Jikaru
Xion Fan

Postby logokas » March 27th, 2009, 10:10 am

There are programs that even Winamp can't receive input through. Some games have reason to disable input to external applications for security / hacking reasons. They can be bypassed at some level, but usually it's unavoidable.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby Cliff Cawley » March 27th, 2009, 6:16 pm

I play fullscreen games with Xion in the background and am able to control it just fine though. As logokas said, some games block input.

I'll see if there's anything else I can do. Is there a particular game that seems to be doing it so that I can test it here?

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby the_man550 » March 27th, 2009, 9:22 pm

The game I want it to work with is Crysis.

I tried with counter strike source, and all inputs went through, so you're right about it working with some games.

Wish I had more games to try with, but I got a major virus infection this weekend and I had to format everything, and since I haven't installed that many games.

But as spotify can read inputs while playing crysis, I see no reason why xion wouldn't.
I run dual screen if that changes anything...(game on 1st screen, xion +a few chats on the other)
Hellouuuuuuuu
the_man550
Xion Supporter

Return to Bugs (Release Build)