Xion Audio Player

[Already in Beta] Lost when minimized (Windows 7)

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby codeteam17 » August 21st, 2009, 4:44 pm

First of all I have to say that I'm *DELIGHTED* by the performance of your player. Consider me as a pretty demandable person... I have one bug and one feature proposal to make.

Bug:
When I minimize the player in Windows 7 it goes away... The main thing is that it's not shown in taskbar even before minimization... :-S Practically, there's no way to restore it once minimized since there's no icon you should click on. :(

Feature proposal:
Skinning support is great. But, as for the most of the player out there, it doesn't affect playlist. Really annoying. You should be better familiar with statistics, but i think most of the users want to keep an eye on their playlists all the time. So, they've got a super-ultra-mega-giga nice looking skin and next to it: default playlist. :-S

I can't wait to read your reply.

And keep up the brilliant work! ;-)
codeteam17
Xion Supporter

Postby codeteam17 » August 21st, 2009, 4:51 pm

I forgot to mention some fact, in case you need them...

I'm using WIndows 7 Ultimate build 7600 and Xion build 100. I think hardware specs are irrelevant...
codeteam17
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » August 21st, 2009, 4:56 pm

codeteam17 Wrote:First of all I have to say that I'm *DELIGHTED* by the performance of your player. Consider me as a pretty demandable person... I have one bug and one feature proposal to make.

Bug:
When I minimize the player in Windows 7 it goes away... The main thing is that it's not shown in taskbar even before minimization... :-S Practically, there's no way to restore it once minimized since there's no icon you should click on. :(

Feature proposal:
Skinning support is great. But, as for the most of the player out there, it doesn't affect playlist. Really annoying. You should be better familiar with statistics, but i think most of the users want to keep an eye on their playlists all the time. So, they've got a super-ultra-mega-giga nice looking skin and next to it: default playlist. :-S

I can't wait to read your reply.

And keep up the brilliant work! ;-)

Hi codeteam17 and welcome to the Xion community!,

I have great news for you. Both of these have already been addressed in the latest Beta versions. You can grab the latest from the Forums here, in the Beta Builds section -> http://xion.r2.com.au/community/vwfrm.php?f=8

There's a new option in the Settings pane to 'Show Xion Taskbar button'. However it should still be showing up in your system tray in Windows 7 anyway :)

Also, the playlist is skinnable in the latest beta builds ;)

*edit* Wow, I just noticed that I answered you within 15 mins of your posting! So there you go, you could say I've fixed your bug and implemented your feature request in < 15 mins :P

Cliff :)
Last edited by Cliff Cawley on August 21st, 2009, 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby codeteam17 » August 21st, 2009, 4:57 pm

You... are... amazing. :shock:

Downloading beta... Catch up with you soon.
codeteam17
Xion Supporter

Postby codeteam17 » August 21st, 2009, 5:08 pm

Congrats. You just got yourself a faithful user! :)

One thing, though... You got "Deassociate", "Deassociate All" but no " "Associate All" in "File Types"... You should *NOT* be modest... ;-)
codeteam17
Xion Supporter

Postby Cliff Cawley » August 21st, 2009, 8:18 pm

codeteam17 Wrote:Congrats. You just got yourself a faithful user! :)

One thing, though... You got "Deassociate", "Deassociate All" but no " "Associate All" in "File Types"... You should *NOT* be modest... ;-)

Haha thanks! :) Actually you'll also find that Associate All is there. Try selecting a non-associated File Type from the list (I.e. grayed out) and you'll see 'Associate' and 'Associate All' appear.

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby codeteam17 » August 22nd, 2009, 12:08 am

Hehe... :) Nice.

Consider making it always visible.. I'll be back with some suggestions and remarks (if any)...

'Till then... Enjoy! :D
codeteam17
Xion Supporter

Postby codeteam17 » August 22nd, 2009, 12:34 am

Hehehe.... I'm back! :D

Khm... During my casual daily usage of Xion, I found one more interesting thing that could be useful. Other audio players have it but this one obviously misses it.

When multiple files are selected in Windows Explorer and Enter is pressed, they won't play all together. They won't play at all, to be precise. We (users :) ) would like to be able to add certain number of selected files to our Xion playlist by selecting them and pressing Enter.

Thank you. :wink:
codeteam17
Xion Supporter

Postby codeteam17 » August 22nd, 2009, 12:36 am

codeteam17 Wrote:Hehehe.... I'm back! :D

I forgot to insert "Long time no see" after this one... :dj:
codeteam17
Xion Supporter

Postby codeteam17 » August 22nd, 2009, 12:48 am

This is probably not your bug, but I'll present it here.

I've downloaded "Valiant" skin and tested it a little bit. There are some buttons to change skull's state, ie. you can close the front lid or side lids, you can change transparency... Something like that. All those setups (skin-related) are gone upon player restart.

As I said, this is probably fault of the skin creator. Correct me if I'm wrong. But if I'm right, who'll contact him? Cliff, are you?

Sorry if I'm too... how should I say... annoying. :( I really do like Xion and I would like it to be as perfect as possible.
codeteam17
Xion Supporter

Postby logokas » August 22nd, 2009, 10:24 am

First of all, please don't take everything i say too personally, because i like expressing myself with rather mean words.

Please refrain from double and triple posting in a topic that is about something else, in your case, an already resolved bug.

But since i'm feeling nice today, i'll answer your question.

Skins are the property of the authors. The quality of their skins is completely up to them, and if something is broken, only they will fix it, if they are bothered. Cliff is not required to guarantee the quality of user-made skins.

Of course, making skins is extremely easy, so you could either fix the errors of the skin yourself ( Though you may nto release the fixed version into the skin database because of ethical and rather obvious reasons ), or make your own.

I hope this answers your questions. Rest assured, once a new public release arrives, new people will show up with new skins.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Return to Bugs (Release Build)