Xion Audio Player

[not a bug] Not seeing all skins

Discuss potential bugs with other users or try to find out a solution to an existing bug

Postby xonenine » November 20th, 2009, 10:48 am

I still can't see alot of skins after I download them.I guess I have to go back a few versions for these...? Is there a limit to how many skins display in Xion?:(
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Cliff Cawley » November 20th, 2009, 3:18 pm

xonenine Wrote:I still can't see alot of skins after I download them.I guess I have to go back a few versions for these...? Is there a limit to how many skins display in Xion?:(

I'm assuming you mean you can't see them in the skin browser?

Are you selecting the All tab?

How did you install them?

Did you download them and then double click them, allowing Xion to ask you if you want to install, and then clicking install?

If you're doing it manually, are you placing the skin files in your MyDocuments\Xion\Interfaces folder?

Cliff :)
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
http://www.r2.com.au
http://xion.r2.com.au
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby xonenine » November 20th, 2009, 3:37 pm

Hehe, sorry Cliff, that was very little info I gave you.
I'm in build 125.I install manually to the interfaces folder.
If I double click the skins I don't see in the Skin Browser, they do install.
Just prefer not to have to double click and install them.
Thanks, xonenine :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby Cliff Cawley » November 20th, 2009, 4:44 pm

xonenine Wrote:Hehe, sorry Cliff, that was very little info I gave you.
I'm in build 125.I install manually to the interfaces folder.
If I double click the skins I don't see in the Skin Browser, they do install.
Just prefer not to have to double click and install them.
Thanks, xonenine :)

Which folder are you putting them in? If you install or manually install it won't matter, they will show. If they're NOT showing, then you're probably putting them in the wrong/old folder.
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby logokas » November 20th, 2009, 7:49 pm

And on another note, this topic belongs in the Release Build bugs section.
I shoot and ask questions later.

Take no offense of it.
logokas
Xion Addict

Postby SLoB » November 20th, 2009, 8:19 pm

And thy wish is done ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby xonenine » November 20th, 2009, 11:53 pm

The install path for the skins is currently: C:\Users\xonenine\AppData\Roaming\r2 Studios\Xion\Interfaces. :)
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby djinn2 » November 21st, 2009, 12:07 am

My skins are in the \Documents\Xion\Interfaces folder in Windows 7 as Cliff mentioned. I did have some in the roaming folder a while ago but I moved them all to the same location. I recently changed to Windows 7 retail from the RC and so consolidated all my user data beforehand (the Easy Transfer wizard actually works :shock: ). The RC seemed to have skins littered all over the place but that was probably due to my using every Xion build from 109 onwards and the changes subsequently involved.
djinn2
Xion Admirer

Postby Cliff Cawley » November 21st, 2009, 12:36 am

xonenine Wrote:The install path for the skins is currently: C:\Users\xonenine\AppData\Roaming\r2 Studios\Xion\Interfaces. :)

That's the old location xonenine. In order to make them more accessible for users, they were moved to your My Documents folder. The folder you specify there is now defunct and shouldn't be used. You should have received a warning about this at some stage as you were upgrading the beta releases.

The folder you are using there was introduced in the betas and then changed to My Documents. The original path for build 100 was in the Xion directory, but this meant that users who were not admins couldn't access.

There's also a text file called SkinsHaveMoved-Readme.txt in the old Interfaces folder. It was for those people who were manually installing skins. In case you missed it, here's what it says:

Hi!

Skins have moved. Due to changes to support per user settings, the skins
have now moved.

The easiest way to find the location is to open the skin browser and right click
on one of the skins, selecting 'Locate skin in explorer'.

This will open the new skin path. You can still drag and drop skins onto the interface,
however if you aren't using the automatic install by double clicking .xsf/.xsk files then
this is where your skins will need to go in order for Xion to detect them.

Thanks,

Isn't it much easier to just double click an interface file instead of manually opening the folders to copy them there?

Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion
r2 Studios
Cliff Cawley
Creator of Xion

Postby xonenine » November 21st, 2009, 1:55 am

Well, heck, I just never realized I was in the old folder, thats all.Vista creates a junction that makes things more confusing, my bad, but that's why I didnt put this in the bugs thread. :oops:
xonenine
Xion Freak

Postby SLoB » November 22nd, 2009, 1:44 am

Pay attention at the back there ;) heheh, hey no worries, we're all here to help ;) I was the one who suggested the readme file a while back and there I was thinking you read every post of mine ;) heheh
So what can we gain from this? Still people are not reading the readme files ;) But would soon complain if there wasn't one? ;)
Happy pills kicking in as I write this so excuse the sarcasm, it's not directed at anyone ;)
SLoB
Xion Junkie

Postby xonenine » November 22nd, 2009, 7:54 am

Hehe, not a bug, :lol: I might have to do a more serious pennance than just reading the layer reference chart for this one.I don't even know how long I've been in the wrong folder...
xonenine
Xion Freak

Return to Bugs (Release Build)